World Alcohol Racers ???

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by DQUES, Sep 16, 2005.

1. DQUES

DQUES Member

Anybody know what is going on with the WAR organization , I see their web page is now gone .

2. Bob Kraemer

Bob Kraemer New Member

They are no longer in business.
    From what I understand they are filing for bankruptcy. Well there goes another place for the little guy to race. With UDRA only having a couple of races this year for TA/FC, Pro Mod & no dragsters there future doesn't look bright either. Damn I miss the (Back in the Day) of UDRA racing, Us (Eric Hinderberger), Marty Thacker, Lou Noventy, Tony Zizzo, Roger L, Russ Lindhert, Keith Srark, Dave Weber and many others. Sorry if I misspelled any names and left people out. Where is the little guy supposed to race and "earn there stripes" now?

Bob Kraemer

[ September 17, 2005, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: Bob Kraemer ]

3. DQUES

DQUES Member

Wow they did not last to long . I went to 3 of their races this year and heard that they were losing money at a couple of them plus I know some guys were not getting paid . Lets hope the UDRA guys can schedule some more races for next year , not a whole lot of events from them this year .

4. NervesofSteel

One of our fellow funnycar owners did receive a letter last week from the WAR association stating they were filing for bankruptsy. It is unfortunate not only for us but more so for Mike and Jay. Although the original intent of the association was a bit flawed, generally speaking it was a good idea as far as another "place to race" and Mike and Jay were always a pleasure to deal with. They worked very hard and spent a lot of their own money to try and get it off the ground. Had they been able to attract some outside money and have mother nature co-operate with them I probably wouldn't be writing this message.
    On the other hand, it might not hurt us to speak with our local tracks about the UDRA and the shows that are available through that association. This is the time of year when they are starting to plan their events for next year. Grand Bend Motorplex has been pleased with the UDRA over the last few years if anyone is looking for a recommendation.
    Us little guys can make a difference if we all put a bit of effort into it and help create more UDRA events. A few positive words and a bit of time doesn't cost anything and who knows we may have a few more places to play next year!

5. DQUES

DQUES Member

Both of my local tracks ( norwalk & quaker city ) used to run UDRA funny car events but no longer do for some reason . The norwalk race labeled the funny car fox hunt was huge , they mixed in a jet or 2 and the place was packed . The track owners do not want to spend the $$$ for the show .

6. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

that's a shame to hear about WAR.

if you're spreading the word to your local tracks, i have a turn key tad/tafc/??? program ready to go.