Randy Meyer Racing Team Scores 50th NHRA Win at Norwalk Nationals with Megan Meyer

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Jun 28, 2018.

By News Editor on Jun 28, 2018 at 10:14 AM
  1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

DSC_2018-4.jpg

In the finals at Summit Motorsports Park for the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series, Megan Meyer, Olathe, Kansas, took home the win in Top Alcohol Dragster for the Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals.

Driving for the Randy Meyer Racing Team, Megan had a few setbacks during qualifying on Friday and Saturday, and lost their second session because of the multiple rain delays. Their efforts of a 5.25-seconds and 5.28-seconds set Megan up as the No. 3 qualifier.

Megan took out Jeff Veale in the opening round, followed by a single pass in the second round of eliminations before defeating Dan Page in the semifinals, all running within the mid-5.20s range. Meyer ran 5.320-seconds at 277.94 mph in her final round victory over home state racer Troy Coughlin Jr., who clocked in at 5.369 seconds, 275.67 mph.

“I was slow getting out of the gate, and we almost lost on a holeshot because of it,” said Megan. “For some reason my car slowed down on the track and we only ran a 5.32 at 277 mph – our worst run of the weekend, but I was lucky enough that we pulled ahead within the last 300 feet to get the win. I saw his yellow wing out of the corner of my eye going down the track, and I was screaming in my head to go faster; I did not want to lose after we have been doing so good, but then it disappeared after 1000 feet and I had just enough room to get around TJ and get the win by .001 of a second.”

With this win, Megan currently sits in the top position for the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series National Points and hopes to carry the momentum into the second half of the season. Megan’s next race will be at her home track, Heartland Motorsports Park in Topeka, Kansas for the Central Regional event.

Catch Megan’s victory on FS2, Thursday, July 5th 8pm ET, and on Saturday, July 7th Noon ET on FS1. There are multiple re-air dates scheduled and can be found at https://www.nhra.com/tv/2018/lucas-oil-drag-racing-series

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Jun 28, 2018.