How can I remove Nitro from oil?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by sunday driver, Jan 29, 2016.

1. sunday driver

sunday driver driver

Does anybody have a suggestion or idea of how I could remove nitro from oil?
    Thanks

2. Bob69

Bob69 Member

gently simmer it up in a big pot.

3. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

I was told to use those large turkey friers. Said to be worth it to boil meth or nitro out

4. aj481x

aj481x Member

and do it outdoors. ;)

5. jody stroud

jody stroud ZOMBIE Top Dragster

I've been boiling the methanol out of my oil for 10 years. I do it at most three times then throw it away. So basically an oil change lasts three race weekends.

6. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

if you put it in a drum with a drain on the bottom, let it sit for a month, the nitro will go to the bottom since its a heavier sg. drain the nitro out, it can still be used for rc planes and such,som guys sell it again to the rc crowd since its better nitro than what they buy at the store, or cackle cars?, don't know if I would use it in the engine again, but whats left over, as long as it was synthetic oil can be boiled out in a oil fryer at or above 180 degrees in the outside, and the oil can be used again. I would put some lucas stabilizer in it also. works good for 3 or 4 more times, then you will notice a sizeable drop in oil pressure when the oil gets too thin.

7. Cdn526

Cdn526 Member

As Nitrobandit writes, yes, let it sit for at least a month, and the nitro will settle out (reg oil, not sure about synthetic). And yes, in a 14Q oil change, use 13Q of one-run oil & 1 Q of Lucas stabilizer.
    We only re-use the oil once on our A-Fuel car.

8. Great Googly Moogly

Great Googly Moogly Super Comp

I bubble mine. Made a loop with weights on it in a 5 gallon pail. 1/4" line connected to a good fish tank pump and it takes about 4 days. When you start it you can't hold your head above the bucket, after the bubbling you can stick your nose in the pail opening and can't smell anything but oil. I then gravity drain it through a 2 micron water filter system. another 24 hours later and you've got good clean oil.