Flywheels

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Lorenzo, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Lorenzo

Lorenzo New Member

Have any of you use or used Reactor flywheels and I mean DIRECTLY with them? What's their story?
    Who else makes a flywheel like theirs.

2. Capt Crash

Capt Crash Member

I ran one for a few years in a blown alcohol altered with a Chevy engine that was around 1200 hp. It worked fine and I never had any problems with it. I did have an old one that I tried to send back to get recertified, and they would not recertify it. They would not even look at it. They said that since it was 10 years old, I had gotten my moneys worth and it was time for me to buy a new one. Good product, but NO customer service.

Brian

3. Chuck Anderika

Use one in our TA/FC. Never had a problem, they are aluminum and we just cycle it out with the crank. Don't know how long it might last!! Don't want to find out. What info are you looking for?

4. Lorenzo

Lorenzo New Member

I just wanted know if anyone else makes a flywheel similar to theirs, I just don't want to deal with their B.S. No more.

5. Andy C

Andy C Member

Flywheel

Before you spend the money. Call all all the Manufacturers and ask them what is the run out. Most will tell you they cant guaranty less then .025 run out. You spend a Ton of $$ for balance why not put the best on the crank = Meziere.com … guaranty .004 run out… the best out there.
    As far as I can remember Reactor was designed for low HP applications to keep the rpm up between shifts.

Good luck
    Andy

6. Slayer

Slayer Member

I ran a Trans Specialty flywheel behind blown alcohol hemi with a Bruno/ Lenco. It was chrome molly and had 0 problems.

7. badd57

badd57 Member

flywheel

meziere billet steel , 2400 hp 481x zero problems :)

8. lowcountry71

lowcountry71 New Member

i've owned both reactor + meziere. reactor customer support sucks - they tried to charge me to recertify a flywheel the same cost as a new one - makes me wonder if the recertify any at all. meziere has great customer service - i bent a billet flywheel and they made it good. enough said - andy b.