Duane Shields Qualifies Second at US Nationals

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Sep 6, 2017.

By News Editor on Sep 6, 2017 at 6:14 AM
  1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Indianapolis - Duane Shields driving the PEAK A/Fuel Dragster qualified second at the Chevrolet Performance US Nationals. Duane had an impressive qualifying time of 5.18 at 277 MPH in the highly competitive Top Alcohol Dragster division. “It was a tough field and to qualify second at the US Nationals shows that we have a very competitive car. We have run in the teens before but it’s been a while so the PEAK Dragster is really coming around” Duane said.

In round one, Duane faced Fred Hanssen. As the lights on the tree came down Hanssen got the starting line advantage and never gave up the lead as Duane pedalled it as he anticipated tire shake. This added some extra time onto the run which resulted in Hanssen escaping with the win in an otherwise close race. Hanssen posted a 5.37 at 247 MPH to Duane’s slightly quicker 5.36 at 277 MPH. “I have been experiencing tire shake lately so I was mentally prepared for it. I thought I felt some shake coming on so I pedalled but it turned out that wasn’t necessary and it slowed me down just enough to lose the race” Duane said.

With Indy now in the books, Duane is now shifting gears and focusing on the NHRA Carolina Nationals in Charlotte, September 15-17. “With the car running better than it has all year and with our past history in Charlotte, I feel confident that we will have a good showing there’’ Duane said. As always, Duane would like to thank PEAK Antifreeze and Motor Oil, Final Charge, Blue Def, NGK, GRP and Brad Anderson Enterprises.

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Sep 6, 2017.