When to redo blower??

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by dragster156, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

There is a math formula that if you know the hp you have now at the max boost you have and know your boost increase then it will give you the new theoretical hp if all is tuned correctly. You can put the figures in a post or email them to me.

2. Big Steve

Big Steve Member

Is spraying blower lube in really that important? I have a 15 inch tall JBR carbon hat and the opening is primarily toward the front. Opening the blades and spraying in just makes a big mess and I don't think it accomplishes anything other than a mess

3. dragster156

dragster156 Member

I spray the prizm in after done racing the car for the weekend. Never notice anything until you take the hat off - then everything has a sticky film all over it.
    I assume it keeps it all lubed and sealed??

Not sure where the mess is because you can't see it until it's taken apart ??

I also put a mix of marvel mystery oil right off the barrel valve in the main line going to the nozzles. I turn the motor over and blow air through it to run it all through the system.

Is it right ? who knows? but it keeps it all corrosion free and lubed.

4. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

With a roots blower I recommend spraying Prizm in before each run. Before Prizm came along the blower stripes were worn out after 12 runs but now with Prizm you can get double the amount of runs with the same boost. That sticky mess is what you want in the blower. When turning over the motor to run the valves you can feel the difference with and without Prizm. When I pickle a fuel system at the end of a race weekend I blowout every line, the leanouts and the fuel pump with WD40

5. andy wilfong

andy wilfong Active Member

I spray prism in every blower when I finish it, the difference with and without is astonishing, been doing it for years now, and highly recommend it

6. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Prizm gives you free horsepower by sealing the blower and by making it easier to turn

7. promodracer

promodracer Member

Less air flow less power.

8. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

I like to lube the blower while it is running. Preferrably with air bleeds close to the rotors. This gives me a couple of different locations and the suction helps pull the spray to the rotor when the angle is hard to hit by just opening the butterflies.

I also like to do this with the butterflies open if you use the starter to spin over and get oil pressure.

I have found WD-40 is the best thing to use to clean prizm style lubes, so never spray that in the blower.

9. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

I remember hearing the saying years ago when I first started learning about tuning "Don't fall in love with the boost gauge."

In simple terms the tricked out blowers make airflow at lower overdrives. Comparing to another blower that makes the same boost but at a higher overdrive, the lower od blower will make more horsepower due to less power to drive it.

A really tricked out blower is going to be specific to an applicaiton, but for the most part, it's built to a certain rotor rpm range. If you buy a hand me down from the Pro Mod ranks, it's safe to assume it went 10k-10,500 rpm. If you run a lower engine rpm, you can do some math to get the blower back in a similar rotor rpm range.