Torco taking a break in '08 or just Mike Ashley?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Jan 8, 2008.

1. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

LOL who said you had to be english major to drive a alky funny car. You happy now?

2. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

I sure hope thats not a prereq... I think most of drag racing would retire...

Besides, there should be an "n" after the "a" before "alky"...;)

hehe...

CJ Curtsinger

PS. I visited your website, I like the choice of music...

3. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

here we go. i think this is getting rediculous. everyone has an opinion but this needs to be looked at from both sides. first off lets hope evan gets better. next is some of the butt kissers need to stop also. if you want a TORCO deal, send in a proposal ,don't keep posting how great someone is and say you are behind him 100% no matter what he or she has done when you have NEVER been associated with his or her company!
    now lets look at it from a racer who just got THE phone call or letter who was given a some type of letter, or written commitment for a year long X amount sponsorship and has gone out and spent money out of their pocket, ordered new cars, bought uniforms, renderings, hired or taken jobs with teams in preperation of a serious year of racing.some of these people do this for a living. i have even heard of big teams taking out loans using their contracts as some type of proof of income. how would you feel. I know i would be pissed. i guess if you are hoping to get another check next year you will keep quiet on the boards and you are a better person than me.

4. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

your right bruce it a bad deal for those who were counting on the money but sometimes its best not to count on the money till you have it in you hands i have had things like that happen to me in the body shop bussiness spending money on my car then a customer not pick up a car after counting on the money to be there and then its not and i was pissed off too best thing i can say is i hope things work out for those involved

PS when you get a sponsor dont you all have contracts to protect yourself in someway i have never had one and was just wondering

5. Dave Kommel

Dave Kommel Member

Wrong, they are two different cars....
    Dave Hedges photo
    Marty Thacker photo
    Both from the Torco Nationals at Joliet last year.....

6. allen

allen New Member

wrong
    thacker was selling his to drive the other car
    he drove that car at houston

7. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

2 different cars

Dave and Allen.
    Your both right. They are 2 different cars, that I had Spitzer build (side by side) for Brian Pfifer (Torco's GM) and I. Dave Hedges drove the other car (Evan owns it) for most of the last 2 years, but I drove it at Dallas (not Houston) and Mick (Snyder) drove it at Bradenton.

We were talking about Brian and I teaming up this year (me driving their car), and if so I was probably going to sell my car. With this weeks happenings, I am not sure what I am doing.

What I am sure of is that the racing world was blessed the day Evan Knoll was born, and whatever he needs to do I wish him nothing but well.

Take care all,
    Marty

8. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

9. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Some good posts, some funny stuff and some long sentences.

Is Lucas Oil buying Torco?

10. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

If it is indeed a money deal, I think it is quite sick to try to disguise it as a health issue (even if there is a health issue present).

As for Lucas buying Torco - what exactly is there to buy?

11. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Good question. Not sure of the answer.