The No Shake Zone: Last blown car out, turn out the lights

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Aug 13, 2004.

1. kosky racing

kosky racing Comp Eliminator

are you related to the Reicherts? if not, maybe they will adopt you!

2. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

It sounds like bm79 and ch3no2 are working each other under their respective computer desks.

3. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

ch3no2 posted
    August 24,2004 05:50 PM
    --------------------------------------------------People always like to make it sound worse than it is. This isn't super street class. if you want to win a championship you pick what gives you the best chance to win within the rules and go with it.

ch3,
    I just want to get understand this. IF NHRA changed the rules tomorrow, to cut the AF/D nitro percentage to 75%; you're telling us you would not complain, or ask for fairness. You would either run the AF/D at a considerable disadvantage or sell it all for pennies on the dollar (nobody will give spit for an uncompetitive car), and build a new BA/D to become competitive(this is a stretch isn't it). And whichever option you picked, you would be happy the whole time. I'm sure that's exactly what you'd do, because it's what you're telling me I should do.

I can show you the stats and trends all day long, but if you don't want to see the facts, you won't. If something isn't done soon, the whole class will suffer. The blown cars are bleeding first, but the AFD's won't be healthy without us. And that works the other way too. My mom always said, "Greed is a terrible thing". I miss mom.

Let's work together to narrow the gap (like the one in the Lucas/Demke picture), and we can all live happily ever after. Or not.

4. Mr Scary

Mr Scary New Member

NHRA will look the other way on AFD until it "appears" to be a thread to Top Fuel Dragster! The minute you see low dollar TF Dragster racers drop down, NHRA will change the rules any way they can to discourage it.
    Oh and the Blown vs A-Fuel is academic anymore. Ask Shelly Howard or Jason Cannon!

5. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

First of all Marty, as I've said before, I have a ton of respect for you and everyone else who chooses to race at this level. However, I don't make the rules so complaining does no good. You have to play with the cards that are dealt. If NHRA changed the nitro percentage to 75% people would have 2 choices. One: Keep running a car that wasn't going to be competitive and deal with it. Two: Change to the combination within the rules that is going to be the more competitive option.

I understand that changing is not the easy road, but as I've said the rules are what they are. If your looking to win you have to choose what gives you the best chance to do that.

5 years ago I don't remember you saying they should give the A-fuel cars something to make THEM more competitive.

Anyway, I like the friendly debate, and I don't want to piss anybody off. I just like to voice an opinion and I could be wrong. I wish you and everyone else a lot of great days at the race track.

6. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Will, It figures your a Republican. lol
    Kerry/Edwards 2004

7. showard

showard New Member

Sorry Mr. Scary, but I need some clarification of your post. What's your real name anyway?

I have a BAD, which by the way isn't for sale. Of course there doesn't seem to be a market for a competitive BAD anyway. Wonder why?!

Shelly

8. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

ch3no2,

I'm not here to get into any arguments or anything, but I disagree with part of your post. I believe complaining can do good- but it HAS to be of constructive criticism type. It may have not done a whole bunch yet, but it has caused NHRA to make some small changes.

Hopefully soon we can finally get to a point where TARA can direct all the ideas and criticisms to NHRA and make some bigger changes. Don't get me wrong, I think they have done a ton for the class already by just getting an organization going and talking to NHRA and getting them to take action on some of the ideas proposed, so if TARA and the class as a whole keep plugging away maybe we'll see some bigger changes in the near future.

9. Lee Callaway

Lee Callaway The Gov

I Second that Shelly i cant give my car away.

10. Mr Scary

Mr Scary New Member

Shelly, I was referring to the fact that you quit beatin your head in over the parity issue. Pretty soon there will be No blown cars, what will TARA Lobby for?

11. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Probably because we were all too busy watching Mark Woods run 5.30.

12. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Mr. Scary,
    TARA will prob. lobby to keep NHRA from including injected fuel in TAFC. I'm sure there are lots of openions concerning this. I used to think it was a good idea but have since had doubts. This is a logical step for all the Blown dragsters to move to and be able to compete against other blown alcohol cars and would increase the car count.
    This seems like a better alternative than selling out in a bad market or parking 300-500 thousand dollars worth of car and support equipment.

13. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Probably because we were all too busy watching Mark Woods run 5.30. </font>[/QUOTE]And how many championships did he win?

14. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

I remember a time when the BAD's used to tell each other how they loved to race the injected fuel cars!!!!
    How times change.

15. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

my sources indicate the recent policy shift for a/f in fc is fc will be for blowers and dragster will be for nitro. dont look for any rules changes in indy.

16. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Nitrohawk, I remember that as well. Not so much fun when the shoe is on the other foot.

Will, I don't understand. The bottom line in any sport when measuring parity is wins and losses. You can't make excuses when a blown car wins and say it's because the A-fuel car fell off or something. As long as one combo is winning at close to 50% of the time then you have parity. I understand that a-fuel cars have the potential to be faster, but they don't have round by round consistency as a whole. At some races they have been consistant, at others they have not. The bottom line is still that roughly 50% of the time a blown car wins the race. The top 10 national point leaders is a pretty good mix of both cars. The way some people post on this board you would think that a blown car had not won a round this year. It is a lot closer than some people want to admit.

17. bm79

bm79 New Member

If were talking economic theory here... you are forgeting about (or leaving out) something:

When you have an increase in supply in the secondary market (used goods) the price does drop, but only for a short period of time. The primary market (newly manufactured goods) decreases its production which levels out the avalibility on the overall market. The effect balances supply and levels price.

So... how much did you spend on your degree? :confused:

18. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

If were talking economic theory here... you are forgeting about (or leaving out) something:

When you have an increase in supply in the secondary market (used goods) the price does drop, but only for a short period of time. The primary market (newly manufactured goods) decreases its production which levels out the avalibility on the overall market. The effect balances supply and levels price.

So... how much did you spend on your degree? :confused:
    </font>[/QUOTE]You forgot to cut and paste the part about worthless used goods.

19. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Probably because we were all too busy watching Mark Woods run 5.30. </font>[/QUOTE]And how many championships did he win? </font>[/QUOTE]My fault; I didn't know winning championships was a prerequisite to being competitive.

How quick did Brooks Brown go at Dallas in ‘91?

20. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Pat, one or two good run doesn't make you competitive. Have you ever heard of anger management. Maybe you should give it a try.