The Alexis DeJoria Racing Team is Back on Track after a Good Weekend in Englishtown

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Jun 7, 2011.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

The Alexis DeJoria Racing Team is Back on Track after a Good Weekend in Englishtown

Venice, CA (June 7, 2011) – This past weekend’s NHRA Supernationals event proved to be the ‘turnaround’ race that The Alexis DeJoria Racing Team was hoping for. The team, which has historically always done well in Englishtown, had yet another successful showing at the track at this year’s event, making great strides towards the future.

Prior to Englishtown, mechanical issues plagued the team and led to a string of disappointing races since their record-breaking weekend at the Gainesville Gatornationals back in March of this year. In preparation of this weekend’s race, and knowing they had to get ‘back to basics’ if they wanted to get the car back into the shape it was in Gainesville, the crew started rebuilding the car from scratch. They went through the car front-to-back, making sure nothing was overlooked, until they were confident the car was back in top performance condition.

The first round of eliminations proved to be Alexis’ best run of the weekend, as she ran a 5.54. Her speed, which was 265.43 mph, set a track record and was the 7th fastest in the Top Alcohol Funny Car category. Alexis came out of the first run with the fastest speed of all the drivers, and while her record was later broken by Frank Manzo in the Finals, Alexis still holds the record of any female at that track in her category.

Her win in the first round provided her with the lane choice for her second run against long-time Team DeJoria ‘problem child,’ Mickey Ferro. It was a close race, but he ran a 5.56 to Alexis’ 5.60, ending Alexis’ day.

“While we didn’t come out with a win this weekend, I’m still very pleased overall. The car ran great, and I feel really confident that we’ve got our ‘mojo back,’ if you will,” jokes the team’s driver, Alexis DeJoria. “We’re back on track, and I’m really looking to continue with this momentum going into the next race. Like I said going into this race, we always do well in Englishtown. It’s my favorite track for a reason, and I just knew that this was going to be the weekend where we turn things around and put up those top speeds once again. And we did!”

The Alexis DeJoria Racing team will compete next at the 5th Annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals on June 24th-26th in Norwalk, OH.

About Alexis DeJoria
    Alexis DeJoria, daughter of the famed John Paul DeJoria, of Paul Mitchell Systems, and Patrόn Spirits, is currently the Top Female Top Alcohol Funny Car Racer. Her team, Stealth Motorsports, co-operated by Alexis, is one of the few female-owned and operated teams in the industry. Alexis made racing history when she competed in the first ever ‘woman vs. woman’ race in her class in 2010, and she is the 2nd woman ever to win a Top Alcohol Funny Car race. Alexis is the female world record holder for the fastest and quickest speeds, and her car is currently the second fastest car in the world in the TAFC category. Alexis is also well-known for her infamous 2009 Englishtown, NJ crash.

Alexis, who has all the opportunity in the world to pursue any type of career, felt strongly about doing something she is passionate about, and she is proud to encourage and inspire young women to go after their dreams. Alexis’ need for adrenaline drove her to pursue the unlikely profession of auto-racing. The determination to ‘blaze her own trail’ continues to drive her and push her to higher levels in the dangerous, male dominated sport of drag racing. Alexis will transition into the Nitro Funny Car category in the Fall of 2011. She will receive assistance from the Kalitta Motorsports team.

Media Contact info:
    Alexis DeJoria and members of the Alexis DeJoria Racing Team are available for interview. Please contact Allison McCormick at (561) 279-7827 x306 or allison@alexisdejoria.com