Shumacher's penalty

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Dale H., Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eli

eli Banned

Take a poll.

Will, why not set up some kind of a poll, to see how many would sue N.H.R.A. over this travasty, And maybe some of the other sites can do the same and send them to the Kilata camp.Doug got SCREWED, BLUED, AND TATTOED. P/S any body notice there was no margin of feet on the last run with Troxel, so you can't figuer out the times?? far as I'm conserned it's all bull s#it.:mad:

2. ITS IN MY BLOOD

WOW,..Thats not worth the gold in the pot.
    It would cost more money to go to court than it would
    racing the whole year and winning the championship, which is
    what, $ 400,000.......what a joke.

3. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

The math figures out the MOV in feet NOT vice versa. At 327.98mph the "feet" of victory works out to approximately 70 feet 8 inches. This includes the 0.01 deduction Melanie got off Tony on the starting line. However the larger the margin the less accurate. Knowing both cars incrementals would help. It looked like Mels car fell off sharply right after 1000 feet by the video yet she has full header flame crossing the stripe.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  4. eli

eli Banned

So your saying he was close to 3 car lenths in front of her at the strip??

5. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

Yes just over seventy feet. Here you can see by the video shes not even in the frame when Tony crosses the finish line.

6. HEMIdude

HEMIdude New Member

$400G is chump change for the Kallitas and the championship has NOTHING to do with winning the purse. It's ALL about the trophy and having your name etched into the recordbook stone and the champion. I wouldn't doubt $400G is less than what Doug or Conrad make in a month. I'll assure you either of the Kallitas have deeper pockets than the NHRA if it ever became a battle of the lawyers. I'm quite sure if the Kallitas pooled their money they could outspend both the NHRA and Scumacher if need be.

7. Kosmo

Kosmo tad

its not a sueable offence, he didnt shut off when told, auto dnq period.:eek:

8. HEMIdude

HEMIdude New Member

Correct, failing to shut-off when instructed to by an NHRA official is not a sueable offense. However what could possibly be a sueable offense is the NHRA not following their rules as the rulebooks states. As I mentioned earlier on this thread, Tony most certainly oiled the track. According to NHRA rules POINTS penalty deductions are given for oildowns. I'm not familiar enough with the rules to know if the amount of points dedcuted for an oildown are more than 14 or not. But if they are... The Kallitas would have an excellent case in court. And they certainly have the capital to invest in enough legal counsel to fight it.

9. eli

eli Banned

GLENDORA, Calif. - NHRA has set new oildown penalties for the Top Fuel and Funny Car classes in 2004. The penalties are designed to address the challenge currently faced by NHRA to minimize downtime at national events due to oildowns hy Professional Top Fuel and Funny Car teams. ·

"We are, by far, the most exciting motorsports on the planet," said NHRA President Tom Compton. "And although we have greatly reduced the amount of oildowns over the last few years, recently we've seen the beginnings of a possible trend going the other way. It is very important that we continue to strive to maintain the exhilarating and fast-paced action on the track that is an integral part of the entertainment experience for our fans."

Beginning at the 44th annual K&N Filters Winternationals in Pomona, each Top Fuel and Funny Car team will receive one oildown violation without penalty. Subsequent violations will be penalized as follows:

A second violation will be subject to a $500 fine regardless of whether the incident occurred in qualifying or eliminations. If the oildown occurs in eliminations, 10 points will be deducted. Fines for each subsequent violation will increase in $500 increments. For example, a first violation will carry a $500 fine, a second. $1,000, and a third $1,500.

A second violation during the same event will result in double the posted fine plus a loss of 15 points if it occurs during eliminations. For example, the first violation of the weekend will net a $500 fine, a second violation will carry a $2,000 ($1,000 x 2) fine, and a third will penalize a team $3,000 ($1,500 x 2). Three or more violations during the same event will result in double the posted fine plus a loss of 20 points if it happens during eliminations.

After the sixth violation, NHRA will review with the team its season performance, and action will be taken based on the team's ratio of runs versus oil -downs, willingness to accept assistance, and other factors. Ultimate action will be determined at NHRA's discretion but could range from probation to a requirement to test to not allowing the team to participate in future national events.

If a team makes 25 consecutive oildown-free runs at NHRA national events, it will earn one credit toward a non-penalized oildown at an event. Credits earned in any one race season, however, will not roll over to the following season.

"Downtime due to oildowns at national events is one of the biggest challenges faced at NHRA to maintain the level of entertainment our fans have grown accustomed to at an NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series event," said Graham Light, NHRA senior vice president of racing operations. "It is imperative that we continue to provide a quality show on the track not only for current sponsors and fans but to sell the sport to new sponsors and grow our fan base.

"We need to work with and get the cooperation of the teams throughout the 2004 season to address the issue of oildowns at national events," added Light. "We believe this new policy is designed to reward teams that have put into place an appropriate system to avoid oildowns and penalize those that chronically oil the track at national events."

Copyright National Hot Rod Association Mar 5, 2004
    Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning Company. All rights Reserved...This is the lateest i could find on the net. Looks like they were right, my apolages if i started any $hit. :eek:

10. dlewis

dlewis New Member

Looks like the last reply answered everyones questions. Points will be deducted if oil down occurs DURING ELIMINATIONS. Since the subsequent oil down happened during qualifying, in N.H.R.A.'s own words fines will be given but no points deducted. Therefore even if points were deducted for an offense during qualifying it states first offense of the event is 10 points, Shu still wins the championship by 4 points. Before anyone jumps my case, no i'm not a Shumaucher fan just someone stating their opinion and we all know how opinions are.:D

11. dlewis

dlewis New Member

Looks like the last reply answered everyones questions. Points will be deducted if oil down occurs DURING ELIMINATIONS. Since the subsequent oil down happened during qualifying, in N.H.R.A.'s own words fines will be given but no points deducted. Therefore even if points were deducted for an offense during qualifying it states first offense of the event is 10 points, Shu still wins the championship by 4 points. Before anyone jumps my case, no i'm not a Shumaucher fan just someone stating their opinion and we all know how opinions are.:D

12. bobbyblue359

bobbyblue359 New Member

Buster, Buster, where are you when we need you? You ran the starting line like a Nazi general but were always more than fair and didn't play favorites. In my opinion, Rick Stewart should be replaced for this fau paux. Rules are not bendable, as any alcoholer knows from being at an NHRA event. That's why I miss Pinky, (Don Cobb), from Div 3. Ran a good show and didn't take any crap. All this stems from our society: cheat if you can and if you get caught, lie like hell. Ain't NHRA grand? Wish the World Alcohol Racers were still in business. I'm old enough to remember the days of no money and everyone playing by the same rules. Those were the good old days. Sucks canal water doesn't come close to describing the disdain for NHRA & the way it does business. Bobby Blue 359

13. eli

eli Banned

As my brother once told me," It's only cheating if you get caught". :eek: :rolleyes:

14. WooPaw

WooPaw New Member

Long time reader here, first time poster but this last incident rattled my cage hard enoungh I couldn;t sleep through it.. but here it goes in my opinion,,
    If kalitta sued , where would he race next year, not NHRA!
    This is another incident involving DSR where parity was shown to DSR(wasn't it Ron Capps that went to the line with a nitro leak at the barrel valve and they tied a red shop rag around it and said go ahead!) Try that one guys.
    This just shows how much NHRA doesn't care about safety when it comes to their show/points race. They gave DSR/Tony every chance to make the needed national record or his chances were slimmer with every round. Not knocking what he did but if you can't trust NHRA to administer the rules fairly ..how can you trust their time clocks?? They were just giving DSR every chance to win a championship they could in their power, after all , he's their biggest car owner isn't he..If he didn't get a championship with all that investment he might back out and give the rest of us a bigger chance to race without NHRA(dictatorship) interference.At the line, I feel the Cheif Starter was asked what the Hell are you doing !!! and he stepped aside to keep his job..If he would of stood in front of Tony , he couldn't of staged and the message would have been clear, right up to the point where someone physically moved him .. but what do I know

15. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

Schumacher

This is quite a delicate situation that must be viewed from all angles. Yes your going to get people who are going to say this was rigged, but everyone has been cut slack at some point. There can't be any conspiracy here because Stewart was the only one who could have made that decision and he failed. I was unable to watch the qualifying airing, but when I checked nhra.com that night I was shocked to hear about what happened. I have tremendous respect for Allen Johnson, and that sounds very out of character of him to put the championship before his orders from Rick. I saw the video and he indeed never looked at Rick (Stewart), so Allen is off the hook. Tony was strapped and ready to go and infront of national television, a packed crowd, and his father who is putting millions into his car probably thought the problem was resolved when Rick walked away. I cannot invision anyone shutting their engine off at such a critical point if there was a chance all was okay. So, in my opinion Tony can't be held accountable because from his cockpit Rick's actions could have implied as though the issue was solved. Now as to Rick's actions, I think he is the most to blame. I love the man and I enjoy being able to stage at national events when Rick is the starter (makes me feel more like a Pro), but he made a big mistake. Rick shouldn't have walked away. He should have made it very adamantly clear that Schumacher could not make a pass (and he didn't). So I think it was just a few mistakes that are being scrutinized not because of the incident, but because certain people would like the championship to have gone a different direction. If this was Will or Lucas, no one would have even cared. Its just more track drama.

16. eli

eli Banned

That's the whole point It was DRAMA from the time Tony started to run his mouth about a come back of all come backs, The T.V. guys jumped all over that and thats were the bull $hit started, and I will admit I dont care for Tony of his Farter, Like Oh jee I dont know how Alin got past the rev limeter to go 334 , he said on one airing, right and I don't know how I got this pimpel after eating 3 lbs. of chocalat. (give me a break) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

17. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

OK...now we've crossed the line! I can handle all the law suite drama, the accusations of cheating or NHRA favoritism. Rick S laying down on the job and all of drag racing coming to an end. But bad mouthing chocolate and accusing of it for pimples has got to be the last straw!
    Goooooo CHOCOLATE!!!

PS...I heard how AJ did it and it did not violate the rule book.

Blessings........Ron Clevenger.

18. eli

eli Banned

Ok Ron splane it to us==RON/11:20 Book Of Shoe:D

19. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

Schumacher

Eli, what do you have against Tony and his dad? I knew they can be a little "rough" in their personalities, but that shouldn't have any bearing on the subject this thread was made for... As for Schumacher making a big deal out of his comeback, I think he deserves to be proud of what he did. Setting the record (by quite a bit) for the best comeback shows how dominant his team can be. Theres nothing wrong with getting the NHRA's publicity up.

20. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

I have to agree with you. Personally I would like to have seen Doug K win the championship...but he didn't. That last pass has to be one of the greatest pass's in drag racing history...or maybe equal to Don Garlits pass at Ontario Speedway that set the ET record for what....7 years. Can't remember the exact year.
    That was a come back of all come backs...gotta hand it to them.

Blessings.....Ron Clevenger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.