Short Deck KB Hemi

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by aarlucas, Sep 15, 2006.

1. aarlucas

aarlucas New Member

Where would one go to get a blower intake for the .500 short deck KB hemi?

Thanks

2. Doug

Doug Member

What heads are you running? Doug

3. aarlucas

aarlucas New Member

Hi Doug,
    Right now I would say good question! To Clairafy this, I am restoring a 1970 FC fuel chassis (Lee Austin chassis #0015). The car was complete as last raced in 1975. However, the iron hemi block that it had was cracked real bad. So I got this block. The heads right now are factory heads. I'm going to run this thing on alcohol and not looking to set the world on fire with it. Just have some fun at nostalgia events. So to answer your question, I haven't bought any new heads yet. But since I have everything for the factory style set up I'd prefer to stay that way. But then again, as with the block, if the right deal comes along that is subject to change!
    Rick

4. Funnycarbob

Funnycarbob Top Dragster

I think most steel blocks where STD Tall

If so I have a real nice Mag KB 16 bolt manifold for stock style heads

5. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Iron heads

Back in 1975 to 80 I ran a KB block with stock cast iron heads in a top fuel dragster. 92 to 96 % nitro. The heads only had the ports matched up good valve job and stainless exhaust valves with good springs (at the time) set at 220 lbs seat pressure. Only problem with heads I ever had was cracking in the spark plug threads, however it didn't seem to hurt anything when this did happen. Car ran 240 mph and 6.10 and was like a bracket car. I did use the std. deck though with stock bore and stroke for 426 cid. Only used a 6:71 blower. Stock Nascar crank from Chrysler, MT rods. Never broke one.