RACER CALL TO ACTION - Let's work together!

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Joey work together.png

RACER CALL TO ACTION!

I'm asking that each racer reach out to at least two tracks you race at and ask them what you can do to help. I touched base on this yesterday on InsideTopAlcohol LIVE but it needs to be discussed on it's own. We are all going through an unprecedented situation right now. Unlike a storm, there will be no "all clear" from this where we just get back out and pick the pieces up to try to get back to normal. At least we won't see anything like that in the immediate future.

I understand many of you are feeling just as much financial pain as racetracks and NHRA is. I think most of us agree we are as much a family as we are an industry, and it's time to work together so as many of us as possible can come out of this on the other side.

I'm asking Top Alcohol racers specifically, but this really goes for ANY racer, to reach out to at least two of the tracks you race at and ask them what you can do to help. Right now there isn't a real clear picture on how things are going to move forward, but reaching out to a track and giving them your contact info is the first step. When they start planning their events, they will have a means to communicate with you when it's time. Maybe your situation can help a track shape their plan.

I know time is valuable, but this is the time to go the extra mile to help preserve and SAVE our kind of racing. It may be in the shape of a display. It may be using your local business to help promote an event or track events. Even helping to share a track's social media post is a BIG deal.

Heads up racing is a unique relationship between a track and a racer. Both are customers, both are vendors. The racer is a customer. They want a good venue to race at, a well run event and series to participate in. The track needs the racers to provide entertainment and be a draw to bring in spectators. We are not an entry fee 'back gate' class where we generate enough money off entry fees and crew passes to pay our purse.

While many tracks may be obligated/committed to hosting the Top Alcohol cars as a regional in 2020, cost cutting is going to be a common theme of many businesses moving forward into 2021 and beyond. InsideTopAlcohol has been working hard to help build the Top Alcohol classes following so we are seen as an asset to tracks, not a drag on the bottom line. Now is the time to reach out to those tracks and show them you value the fact they put our type of racing on their schedule.

Will Hanna - InsideTopAlcohol

2. Cdn526

Cdn526 Member

Just watched a recorded 'live' FB post from Bill Bader at Summit Motorsports Park, and sounds like he's opening up sooner than later.... without waiting on 'official gov't authorization'.
    Will others follow? Should others follow?

I'm not rendering an opinion on whether it's the right thing to do.