Predictions

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by nitrohawk, Dec 14, 2008.

1. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

I predict that NHRA will go to eight car TF qualifing next year. Maybe TFD/TFFC.

2. sportsman fan

sportsman fan New Member

I think you are right. The way economy is going their won't be any sponsors left out there. See that this season was one-sided in Tf I don't think that will happen again because the shoe does not have Allen in his corner next year. When he does lose I think he will squeal like a stuck pig.

3. SICTOR

SICTOR hola amigos!

from your mouth to gods ears. i hope so

4. youngtuner

youngtuner Member

8 cars

then they'll have a ton of extra tv time... think us alky guys will see any of that....Only in our dreams

5. Chas116

Chas116 Top Alcohol

If this happens we can look forward to not having our qualifying sessions canceled during a national event.

6. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

I can see that some of you have given this possibility much more thought than I. It might be posible that something good could come out of such a change!!!!
    What ever happens drag racing like many other indutries will be in for some drastic changes in the coming years. You just might find out who the real racers are that dig into their own pockets. One of the first things that might go is TV. Not that I or anyone wants that but since NHRA pays for the TV time if they run short of $$ they may not have any other choice. Maybe the NHRA exec's could work for a dollar a year like the auto execs want to do!
    If you have any thoughts of selling you better not wait until it is worth nothing.
    SeaYa

7. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

From the suits:

"It will never happen."

Over and out.

8. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

don't count me in

i think the economy will eventually bounce back, or at least bottom out and give companies a little more confidence spending money again. i'd hate to see the sport fundamentally changed to compensate for one bad year.

i think it's a great opportunity for the little guys to have a chance to race on sunday again.

9. Bruce

Bruce New Member

I predict the NHRA's nitro class's will be combined and made an exhibition class.