Prayers needed....

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by bmoore, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Alky_lover_and_drinker

2. PROCOMP1

PROCOMP1 New Member

Still praying for a full recovery....Thanks for the updates Bill

3. Ro Yale

Ro Yale Member

Thanks for the updates. Shawn is in my prayers.

4. craigwilcox

craigwilcox New Member

Ride.............

Cowboy up Shawn!
    You've still got a lot of horses to tame.
    Spur that desire, until you sweat bullets.
    Ride this bronc until she caves in.
    You've met a challange, now tame this thing.
    Get 'ur ass set.. dig your knees in.. grab a handfull of sweaty mane,
    an ride this bitch!
    Look 'er in the eye an' send fear into her soul.
    Pray an' be thankful, that you're on this side of the dirt, where the ghost rider flies.
    Your racin' kin, are waitin' for your next 5 second ride.
    Everybody.... outside your door, r' waitin' ta' strap ya' in.
    Make them flames dance, an' your black beast tremble.
    We're here for ya'.............. now ride!

Prayers for you, Taylor, and the families involved!

5. bmoore

bmoore Member

Spirits are higher...

Nik just sent me this for all to enjoy...

As Alan would say, 'LISTEN UP IN THE PITS, ATTENTION IN THE PITS!' Shawn is awake, off of his ventilator and talking with all of us tonight!! How far he has come in such a short time is nothing shy of an absolute miracle! At this point his only concerns are, how soon he can get out of 'here' and back into his dragster, and is his brother in law driving his rig home!! One thing is for sure, his sense of humor is at 273mph/// I can't express how good it feels to hear him say 'DUDE'. Keep it up buddy!!! Nik.....
    Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

And I am sure a lot of this good news came about from all of your help out there.
    Fingers crossed for a marathon (12 hrs.) surgery on Monday. Plastic surgery as well as micro blood vessel implanting, not to mention the re-work of the right knee and bone.

It sounds like Shawn is ready for it doesn't it?

Thanks again to the countless offers and support from everyone. When you read this just stop and think about how you helped with words or prayers or what have you. You all are special in our hearts for sure.

Bill & Shirleen Moore and the Cowie family

6. NitroStitch

NitroStitch New Member

That's spectacular news! All our prayers are working wonders! Thanks so much for the wonderful update. :D We'll keep praying for a speedy and full recovery and for strength for Shawn and his family and friends.

7. Marc White

Marc White Member

Great news. Shawn and his family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers
    Marc White

8. fuel392

fuel392 New Member

Wishes for a full recovery

Shawn - - - I want to wish a full recovery to you and your family at this stressfull time - - - George Swann

9. NoDoors

NoDoors New Member

Shawn and Family

All my Best wishes and support to Shawn and his Family and Crew.
    Your strong and you have everyone thinking of you!
    Ross, Ron,Marty,Anton.
    The Zazula Team

10. truckerjones@comcast.net

Godspeed to you Shawn and your entire family!!

Shawn

Just want to let you and the family know you are all in our thoughts and prayers daily.
    Your progress sounds amazing and we will pray for continued blessings on Monday.
    Best wishes from all our group of Northwest race fans!! Jonesy

11. summitcb

summitcb Member

Shawn

I watched your first TAD pass in Mission, I was in Las Vegas to watch you win your first National Wally and I WILL watch you win a national championship someday. Keep fighting, get well, we are all pulling for you.

Steve
    Summit Drag Racing
    Penticton, B.C.

12. Eddie Wells

Eddie Wells New Member

Wells Racing Top Dragster

I have been watching you race, Shawn, since you were a kid..I have an idea that it is not going to be changing for many many years...God Bless you and your family in this difficult time..You will get through these injuries and be even stronger as a result..May God be with you and your doctors this Monday..There are so many supporters sending prayers your way...You have no idea how many are in your corner wishing you well..

Wells Racing
    Eddie Wells and family
    Eugene, Oregon

13. ALO

ALO New Member

pedal to the metal

You can drive right through this. Gods speed on your recovery Shawn.

Al and Deb
    Kamakaze Racing Turbo Dragbike

14. bmoore

bmoore Member

Getting ready for Monday...

Nik sent this out today...

Day 6, Quote from Shawn this morning, 'Thank you everbody for all of your support' first I have to apologize for messing up dates the last couple days, last night and the night before I spent with Shawn talking about racing and how anxious he is to get back into the driver seat of is race car. The latest news I can give you is, they have moved him in to his own room, taken him off of his feeding tube, allowed him to eat solid foods, [lastnight he enjoyed a bite of a Butterfinger] and has been drinking Sprite like no other! Preparing for his 12hr 'marathon surgery' on Monday he is getting as much rest as possible and trying to stay positive, I can tell you first hand how much your prayers, notes, positive thoughts and positive impact storys all of you have been sending and sharing VIA facebook, txt msg, speedzone magazine and Inside Top Alcohol have been helping all of us through this NIGHTMARE I wish we could all wake up from 'Tear', periodically through the night I have been reading these msgs to him and it makes all the difference in the world! Alongside his will to Race, the positive energy surrounding him is DEFINITELY helping him through this difficult time! [I will get to all of my personal msgs, at this point just updating on behalf of Shawn & Cowie/Duperon family. Thank you everybody xoxoxo Nik......

I understand there are decals at the Four Wide race in support. That is way cool. Let's hope Monday goes well.

It will be a long road but worth the walk (Shawn may run).

Thanks all again, Bill

15. NitroStitch

NitroStitch New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with Shawn and his whole family especially today. I pray that today's marathon surgery goes even better than the doctors hope, and I pray for strength for his family and friends and for guidance for the doctors' hands throughout.

It was beautiful to see all the support for Shawn through the race weekend! I can't wait to see him back out there after the road to recovery!

16. Paul Noakes

Paul Noakes Member

Prayers

From the entire Noakes Racing team our prayers are with you and your family. It is a blessing to come home from Charlotte and here that Shawn is doing better. The story was a real scare when we first heard it.
    Hats off to whom ever made the decals so quickly so all the racers could show our support at the track.
    Good luck with everything today, we will continue to pray for you!
    Fellow Canadian Racer
    Paul

17. The Zone

The Zone Member

Things went well today but they did not get everything done they wanted, so Shawn has another session (around 5 hrs) Wednesday

The knee area looks good according to Ron (through Bill), they also re set the hip screws for more mobility (to the semi upright position). Wednesday they will work on the skin, muscle and vessel grafts)

Facebook page has Taylors and I believe Nik's update.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_207906279228939&ap=1

Dean

18. Cdn526

Cdn526 Member

Incredible...

I'm at a loss for words as I read through these 8 pages of reports & support for this tragic event.
    I was informed on the accident on the way down to the Dallas points meet, and few moments went by without thinking about Shawn's situation.
    Upon returning to work this morning and reading every thread on this site, it's hard to hold back tears in realization of the massive support that has been expressed.
    Shawn, your internal strength & drive, along with the massive support & prayers that continually pour in, will get you through this. You are far too competitive to allow any entity to get in the way. You will win this fight, hands down.
    Ron, Bill, and all of the Cowie Family & Crew, 'Thank you !!! ' for watching out & praying for this young fella during the darker hours, and keeping our racing community up to date with his astounding progress.
    And a big 'Thanks!' to all of you who submitted your personal support & prayers for Shawn; I know it has been a HUGE help in his early recovery.
    Shawn, on behalf of my crew, we wish you a speedy recovery, both physically & mentally, and our deepest thoughts & prayers are with you.

Clif Bakx

p.s. Bill, is there an updated room # for mailing?

19. bmoore

bmoore Member

Room update...

Thanks for the support Cliff, they have been moving Shawn from ICU to Recovery and so on. So at this point I do not have the room info although Ron had said he was going back to the 10th floor. Will talk to Ron today and will see if we can pass along more info, in the meantime sending a card with the patient listed as Shawn Cowie should work. This may be the best way as tomorrow he is back in surgery (we hope).

Fingers crossed, Bill

20. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

drag racing

Make sure yall don't tell the doctors too many details about what we do, they might move him to the phsych ward or rehab.... :)

All jokes aside, I am very thankful many prayers have been answered and things are going about as good as we could hope for Shawn. I still pray for Shawn and his family/team/friends daily.

Get well soon Bro!