parity or parody? bad vs a/fuel

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, May 8, 2003.

1. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

I for one will do it! I will forward this to all of the Blown guys I know!

TAD will survive!

Kevin Brown
    AFD 711

2. R4K

R4K New Member

I would imagine shelly saw this ages ago and follows up on behalf of T.A.R.A.
    At least one hopes so.
    Not sure if either Graham or Tom Compton cares what racers think, but one would hope so!
    Kevin- I see you have requested a refund from T.A.R.A. and are leaving the orginization- Now this is a serious question on my part- Are you being sarcastic with the statement that you will forward this info to all the BAD racers you know? Generally you poke a lot of fun at us BAD types ( which is OK with me- I do have a sense of humor and don't mind the odd shot!) but what do you seriously feel would be a direction for NHRA to take that would be beneficial to the class as a whole as opposed to the divide and conquer that seems to have taken over? I have noticed a lot of elitism and secrecy by a large # of A/FD teams (not all) and I never noticed that before when the BAD's were at the top of the heap.

[ June 04, 2003, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: R4K ]

3. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

I was serious....I want the class to flourish but I can't see some folks like BAD racers calling the shots to NHRA on what to do to the AFD racers...that has been my mood point all along! I feel that if/when TARA gets things rolling they and only they can/will work with NHRA...I feel to hash this among drivers/fans/keyboard crew chiefs on open message boards is a waste of time! The BAD folks would not want us (AFD) calling the shots to NHRA about their future now would they? I did step down from TARA at this point...it does NOT mean in anyway that I don't believe in what they say they were gonna try and do! I have heard this and that and still nothing....I wonder just how many AFD folks are members?
    Poke fun?.....sure I do I'm the Joker! or I was at one time! All I can do is have fun....as I don't have the answers!

peace, Kevin

4. R4K

R4K New Member

thanks for a good answer- Like you, I don't see how to bring the class together- I know some prominant top fuel crew chiefs and they tell me you can't slow an a/fd down - in fact if they had the same clutch management system as top fuel they would be within .15 or .20 of top fuel. The blower gives more consistant tuning. One is in the hall of fame, and one will be, :( so I kinda believe em!

5. Mad-Mic

Mad-Mic New Member

i posted that so you can see what is going on and letting people know what is going on in the BAD ranks. this is a serious problem for us and we hope something will be done to even things out a bit. No we are not bitching cause the AFuel guys are going faster it's just very hard to keep up no matter what you do. personally i don't see how it can be fair when the best of BAD cars are running .1-.2 back consistently and when you look at the big picture BAD's aren't making past the semi's hardly at all.

6. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

The best way to level the playing field is limit the Fools to 90%. I've talked to a couple of TF crewchiefs that have dabbled in A-fool, and the Fuel curve changes Drastically at 92%. But as long as Lucas is sponsoring one, Never happen!

7. Langenhammer

Langenhammer New Member

Yea, it really sucks that Lucas Oil dumped all of this money into our series. Hopefully it will only last about 10 yrs or so! LOL

8. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Such a ballsy statement from a spectator!

Joe, mon out and play with the "Fools"

KB

9. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

Kev,

Hows the car coming along? Do you have a debut eta?

10. ROF

ROF Top Dragster

Ya know Joe I really don't get why you keep bashing the a/fuel people and the Lucas Oil Family. If you don't like the a/fuels or the Lucas Family you have that right, but don't you think stating it in a civil manner would bring you more respect. The Lucas Family have done ALOT for the sportsman racer in general. As a fan, the classes TAD,A/FUEL and TAFC need you, but at times your comments are an embarrassment to us all. Tone it down some is all I'm suggesting.

Kevin-don't you think that by having your car parked as long as you have had it parked puts you in a spectator position as well? JMHO not a bash....You have ran a 5.32 and I have not...

11. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

lol

12. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Kevin, unfortunately I don't have $300-400,000 to play like you! FOR who ever you are, I wasn't bashing the Lucas sponsorship. Just the fact that Forrest Lucas had told a couple of TAD drivers "Life's a bitch" when it came to the performance advantage of the A-fuel cars! Sounds pretty unprofessional if you ask me!

13. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Dan, the AFD car should be out August we hope..Got the cranks back and ready, so, things are coming along...slow but still going....The down fall of the economy last year hit my TAD program hard as well as the sponsors for the TF deal...all is good now and looking up...

F-O-R, I am licensed and the car is going back together, it is certed till June/04... does this make me a spectator? I don't think so...you see I have a TAD license, and I have a TAD car (which I have ran) and a big mouth.....some don't have a car or a license...get my drift? Oh to set the record straight we ran our best of 5.31 not a .32 lol...My favorite pass was 5.34 in Bakersfield to capture the track record there...on that track....Damn still can't believe it!

Pat, I too thought the statement was funny!

Joe, Bring 150K to the table and I will put you in my car! Joe, I just don't care to be called a FOOL by a spectator, now if you were Shields, Lucas, Hentges, Hirata or a licensed driver...cool...then OK, call me what you will (trust me those I just named have called me everything LOL)

Have a great weekend all!

KB