Newbie question

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Money Shot, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Thanks for the Bob the welder. I do set my idle based on temps then record the leakdown % as a reference so I can always return to the temp if I have taken the linkage off. I feel it is more important to have the correct GPM and EGTs at stage and watch the EGTs from launch to about one second out to see how they cluster and recover. I guess I didn't know that there are a bunch of different spools out there. I do know that I have seen racers having problems with a spool that has been modified for a screw blower and trying to use it on a Roots blower. That will mess up the readings. Again thanks for the info.

Eli, I have never seen that problem with a spool going past center. Maybe as Bob has said that I have always had different spool castings from you. When I get back home in a week I will experiment with our BV and see what it takes to go over center.

2. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Mike; that's good to hear. At your age, you know a lot about leaks and stuff leaking.

3. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Boy. ain't that the truth, lol

4. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

I can relate to that, it made me smile for sure:).

Blessings..........Ron Clevenger.