Min Bore size

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by promodracer, May 17, 2015.

1. promodracer

promodracer Member

What would you guys say my min bore would need to be on a blown alcohol hemi KB wet dry block if using my current 2.400 Int and 1.94 Exh valves. I am trying to decrease my bore from 4.500 I have now to strengthen walls. its 528 CID now.
    Thanks guys

2. afueldigger

afueldigger tire wiper

if you are running fat heads min bore is 4.250 as long as the sleeves have a notch for the intake valve.........

3. promodracer

promodracer Member

Just trying to down size bore from 4.500" to a normal sized piston combo to strengthen walls. but need my valves to fit. heads are stage five. Not BAE and is kb street block

4. afueldigger

afueldigger tire wiper

well if you are using a set of fuel heads you can get away with 4.187 bore

5. promodracer

promodracer Member

What would be a common off the shelf bore below 4.500" that would be real strong and allow fore future boring and hone.
    And are all sleeves of equal quality for kb street block?

6. TADHemiracer

TADHemiracer Member

Bore Size

If you change from your 4.500 bore and go to a 4.375 bore, that gives you an extra 62 thousandths of wall thickness. That should be enough wall thickness for a street block. Anything smaller than that and you might be sacrificing performance due to less cubic inches. I run 4.375 bore on a blown alcohol hemi 526" with 38 pounds boost with a 4.375 stroke crank and have had no issues with wall thickness. Arias has shelf pistons that I use. Just a suggestion.

7. promodracer

promodracer Member

That may work. But I do run 4.150 crank.