Making windshield for dragster

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by max, Nov 21, 2016.

1. max

max Member

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has made their own windshield for a dragster. What I'm really after would be a photo of a template or perhaps a photo of a windshield before being fitted. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. MaineAlkyFan

MaineAlkyFan Active Member

You can make your own template using a sheet of poster board or fish paper, allowing you to trim/profile it to your liking. Then take some installed measurements, correct for material thickness to make a bending buck.

Chris Saulnier - Team Tigges
    Mechanic Falls, Maine

3. Bjs344

Bjs344 Member

I made my own. One of the best bangs for the buck, including my time invested, that I've ever done.

I wanted a higher windshield to get me out of the wind. I went back and forth between my car running 215 with a roll cage height windshield and another dragster running 195 with a standard little strip. Night and day difference.

From what I've seen, no reason to shape it or form it in any way. I just used a paper template to get the base cut and holes drilled, partially installed, and marked the shape that I wanted. Next time, I might only drill a few holes off the paper template and transfer the rest from the body to the windshield with it partially installed.

4. max

max Member

Thanks guys. I am making my own template. Was hoping to see an existing one to give me a basic idea of the shape.

5. TADHemiracer

TADHemiracer Member

Look something like a boomerang.