kind of lost

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by harrisracing, Jun 18, 2009.

1. harrisracing

harrisracing Member

For years ran a KB stage 6 or earlier 526 with early Brad or Mickio heads- KB stands & rockers, last season changed to stage 10 no change to heads/valves/springs/etc- All of a sudden we are burning the cups off the intake push rods? Any Help???

2. Bill Naves

Bill Naves Member

oil

Randy check your pm

3. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

You said all you changed was the block, but I'm going to assume you put new head gaskets on when you swapped blocks? If that's the case, make sure the oil hole up to the heads line up good. I've seen some new gaskets over the past few years where that oil hole is 1/2 or 3/4 closed off by the gasket, we just file them out so at least most of the hole lines up.

Definetly there could be other issues, but at least you can start by eliminating the gaskets as a problem.

4. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

do you pre lube the push rods i do and use lucas fifth wheel lube but check the lenth and the rockers but i have seen the adjustment be a tad tight woops burnt push rod

5. REEHL EQUIPMENT

REEHL EQUIPMENT Authorized Merchant

Make sure the head stud that goes by the oil hole in the head isn't blocking the flow to the head and the intake side of the rocker assy.

Call me at the shop, and I'll give you a couple of other clues.

626 815-8815 M-F