Intake Nozzles

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by gt_diesel, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

The plug is showing the temp inside the chamber based on the AFR. (God, I don't want to get in this discussion again) The AFR for power with alcohol is going to be close (diplomatic approach and I am NOT going to discuss it) for your motor as it is for our motors. The problem is that you have to cool things down to stop detonation because everything is heating up so you can't run at a peak power tuneup. You have to backoff to make it live.

2. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

I think your richer, not me.

All I'm saying with the .005" change in MP, is that it appears from our short acceleration dyno run vs our long "steady state" track run is that it took very very close to the same GPM.

My BSFC is about 1.2 and if I try to lean from there I start hurting parts. What kind of BSFC does you Ford Hemi run? I think it's more like 2.5??(this is wild geuss)

3. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

I agree its showing the inside temp but,,,
    So are the other parts, like the piston, and if one part of the piston is thinner it can't dissipate the heat as fast and it will melt (be hotter) sooner. Much like how I think of the plug in the head. If the head can't take the heat away fast enough, the plug will show its hotter.
    I'm not trying to get in a pissing match, I'm just trying to get more power out of what I have:D

4. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

No problem with a pissing match the statement about the discussion on AFR were because of an earlier discussion and not you.

Yes and no and again the difference between a 12 second run and a 6 sec run. The internal components should be able to take the heat and not be damaged but those internal components that are heated up and the length of time and at your overdrive is heating up the incoming air charge and changing the Density Altitude of the air charge actually going into the cylinder. So at the biggining of the run when componebts are cool and the air charge is cool you can use a lot of fuel and make power but as the run progresses and the air charge heats up then you need to be leaner. So it would seem to me that if you tuned the motor by the sparkplug readings at the end of the run that it will actually be leaner maybe too lean at the first part of the run and damage the motor. So it would appear that you would require a different fuel curve than a drag car.

5. ZERO260IN1

ZERO260IN1 Member

X2

Mine showed no heat, and I have a search crew looking for the ground straps :confused:

:D