IHRA Pro Fuel

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by ticker, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Ed Heiman NT/F

Ed Heiman NT/F New Member

there were only 125 sportsmen cars as well,

2. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

No testing !!!!

gUESS YOU SEE WHERE THE NO TESTING POLICY GOT THEM AS FAR AS PERFORMANCE GOES.

3. kylewurtzel

kylewurtzel TA/FC

they weren't allowed to test prior to showing up?

4. Chris Gerber

Chris Gerber New Member

I agree with Kyle. Make your "Whore Runs" before you show up!

5. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

results

did anyone else feel like they were logging in to look at monster truck race results?

I was more curious to see what the combo would run than I was who won....

Still congrats to Bill Evans for making a clean sweep at his home track.

6. Greg Sereda

Greg Sereda New Member

results

Looking at the car count and results for the first Pro Fuel race maybe IHRA should be looking at allowing the blown cars to come out and play and making a race out of their events? I know its their first race but how many A-Fuel cars are going to venture to the Great White North (Edmonton) for a match race with the exception of the local A-Fuel cars?

Greg Sereda

7. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

What ETs were they running?

8. tad2155

tad2155 Member

pro fuel

5.45's, the bashing continues, hey guys & Will give this a chance, at least IHRA & Auto is trying to help the cause we all complain about the payouts and this money venue is better than the suits in glendora, i have been at several races when we did not have full fields in nhra, guess u forgot that, this is real racing with minimun rules and u r treated a lot better than at nhra Nationals:eek: this is a new set up takes a little time to get it down i'll bet we will see some big numbers b/4 it is over

gk

9. Vernon Wilde

Vernon Wilde Member

I was alittle disappointed in the times, since I wasn't there, I think the track may have played more of a role in this then we would like to think. Even though there were a couple of respectable times and taking nothing away from the Evans group. It appeared that the track may have not been up to par as the TF cars were having trouble also. Generally after acouple of laps Manners/Conway can make it go down the track as well as Paul Smith/Mitch Kings two cars in TF. I wonder how during the test session two weeks ago, they could do so well and then this event had very few good runs?

10. Greg Sereda

Greg Sereda New Member

G.K. don’t get me wrong I am not bashing what IHRA is doing and I am glad there is another venue for the A-Fuel cars to run at but I would like an opportunity to race in my back yard at the Rocky Mountain Nationals but my car runs the wrong fuel. G.K. are you going to be make the trip to Edmonton and what other A-Fuel cars are going to make this trip to Edmonton with it being so far North?

11. ticker

ticker New Member

I know that Evans said he was going to run all 10 races. They will probably have 5 or 6 guys that will run the whole season and may have some local races do the other races in their area.

I want to congratulate all of the Pro Fuel racers that showed up and they enjoyed it too. It was a big step for them and I hope that more will join in the future. Please don't listen naysayers this is a great opportunity.

12. tad2155

tad2155 Member

pro fuel

as u may have read my post i didn't make palm beach as scheduled, hit with another chapter 11 last week, funds frozen, wuldn't make CANADA anyway
    hope to make LA, NC,VA good luck to all

GK

13. ticker

ticker New Member

Guy hope to meet at one of the races. I know you really wanted to race.

14. nitromilt

nitromilt New Member

Doesnt $HIT like chapter 11 make you sick...i have had my share in the transportation industry.

15. tad2155

tad2155 Member

fuel

nitrolimit

over $350k in since jan 2009, i am totally pissed with our DC suits
    not counting all the associated cost paid on that money, ins, work comp,
    payroll tx, and most was with owner operators total over $500k
    i,m thankful to the good lord and doors r still open

gk

16. nitromilt

nitromilt New Member

GK
    ya, i know what you are dealing with.Seems like alot of people are in a rush to go broke.Some of my biggest shippers were getting a little slow to pay but after a little pep talk they seem to be doing alot better.Of course there will always be the ones that will f...up your whole day.Been in this business for 36 years and have seen this before,just gotta hold on a little tighter,better times are on the way.

17. AFD Team

AFD Team New Member

18. GraveyardMotorsports

Hey everyone, Im Jon working with Leverich Racing, just introducing myself here. We hope to be out at a few IHRA Races this year, despite the fact of the way its run differently and all. I know we finally got this thing put together at the end of last, getting the right parts, and getting a proper conservative tune. Im really excited about being able to be apart of this team, and the progress we have made from the beginning to the end of 2009, and the fact that I get to work along side "old man Bob", Gary, and Dan. I also what to thank all the other teams who have helped us out here and there, I though that was pretty cool.

I do know we are getting the car ready to run, and see everyone again this season. Cannot wait to be out at the track!

Keep it real everyone,

Jon Walker

19. Aidan1

Aidan1 New Member

InsideTopAlcohol.com Pro

Leverich got in in 2006 in Budds creek as an alternate he (as #10 in the field)did not go any quicker than a 6 something at any other event I remember, he did qualify at Toronto the week before (a 6 second et again)
    Raced Verenka in round one Verenka won, he was the only one to go past round one as an a/fuel car.
    His car was never close to running in the mid to low fives. THey added a blower with Smith driving and was a bomb with a short fuse at all events.

Dean

Actualy we ran good at a few events the only reason the car was a short fuse was because of parts failure and it was the teams first season with management on the car and new combinations, we still made all 10 events and ended up 7th in the 2009 standings

20. Chris Gerber

Chris Gerber New Member

I'd go to the track to see international superstar Smax Smith run if the Leverich car ran 12 second ETs. The years we spent racing at Cayuga watching the Mainline Menace are some of my best times in drag racing. I would think that if IHRA would want some character in their program, your team would be in the show for sure.