high speed question

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by rb0804, Nov 16, 2010.

1. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

Kinsler

I put in the Kinsler high speed diaphragm http://www.kinsler.com/Cat_31_High_Res_paged_PDFs/0201234_press0035.pdf
    the 3903 vs the k-140 (I don't have one of these) to replace to Enderle poppet style.
    It was inconsistent under 105 psi, sometimes it would match the poppet real well and other times it would bypass more fuel. Once it hit that 105 psi area it would match the characteristics of the poppet all the way up on every run.
    Until I can think of what I did wrong or another way to try it for a more repeatable outcome, I'm moving on to the next thing.
    Kinsler had told me it would wear out fast with the higher psi's like this, but this is a new diaphragm. I could try the other 2 valves to see if they act the same. They wanted to sell me a k-140, said it would be better for these psi's, dang they were probably right, of course its more expensive:D

2. rb0804

rb0804 Active Member

Where are you taking the high speed from? Is it close to the pump? Just wondering if the 'pulses' from the pump at the lower pressures are causing it to get a 'false' pressure reading? Anyone else have any suggestions?

3. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

Its not pulses from the pump, but maybe air in the return line as this goes back directly in front of the pump. I won't get to it today, t-day at the inlaws:D