hans question

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by tranman, Apr 16, 2007.

1. tranman

tranman Member

i think it'd definety be good to look into it. Not jus for us but for all teams. Around here there's alot of fast cars and i cant believe how much they lack on safety aspects. I think it'd definety put you ahead of the game and more appealing to lower budget race teams. of course you gotta watch for them "dead beats" that dont pay if they get financed like that

2. The Zone

The Zone Member

Just a question. How much financing do you use when you are buying heads blowers nitro etc?
    And also how much is your life worth.
    I do find it hard to believe that a driver is questioning the cost when it comes to his/her safety. I think your wife and family would say your overall priorities are in the wrong spot.
    Not trying to slam your post just trying to understand your reasoning on cost.
    Both devices work well, but both do feel a bit different.

In a perfect world both would be avaialble at a national event to try on and then decide from there.
    R3 maybe has to besupported at the track like Hans.

Dean

3. tranman

tranman Member

i understand and totally agree. price of part is price of part. if its safety or not. im jus supportive of the financing for these lower budget teams and bracket racers down to local levels that need em. I probably heard 20 times in 3-4 weeks from local racers here "i wish i had a hans or r3, i jus cant afford to spend that much in one shot." In my opinion cost of safety isnt an issue, and all racers should have to have the head and neck restraints. Maybe not all but at least 9.90 and faster or somewhere around there anyway. im not offended or tryin to offend anyone by bringing anything up. Jus a local guy tryin to see if he can fix local type racer problems

4. mikentracy718fc

mikentracy718fc New Member

Dennis, You sold me my hans and I would not trade it for anything I love it. Thanks. I was just giving some info that I have learned about a dragster guy last weekend. See ya

5. Dale H.

Dale H. Member

Has anybody been using the Leatt Device head restraint? I saw that it has the 38.1 SFI cert, and is it legal to use in the Top Alcohol classes?

6. Dennis Taylor

Dennis Taylor Authorized Merchant

Ask Chris Foster what he thinks of the Hans Device after this weekend. DT.

7. HBennett

HBennett New Member

The Leatt Brace is not available. It was designed in South Africa and that last word I had, they were negotiating with a company in Taiwan to manufacture. The lowest priced model was planned to be $400 not including import duties or shipping. A couple of little known facts about it is it only received SFI certification with tethers that come from the device and attach to a d-ring customer installed on their helmet, also, they recommend it be replaced every 3 years.

Howard Bennett
    HANS Performance

8. RICH KIRK

RICH KIRK New Member

I drive a Alcohol Dragster, & I also wear a Hans Device that i bought from Dennis Taylor about 3-4 years ago. It took 3 or 4 times to get the right one so that it fit me & the car properly, but i would not be caught driving without it on. Dennis was great to work with, & I would recommend Taylor Motorsports to anyone looking for a Hans Device, or even any safety equipment.