FUEL FILTER

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by 40slammer, Apr 18, 2005.

1. 40slammer

40slammer New Member

ANY ADVICE ON USING FUEL FILTER FOR ALCOHOL ENGINES. I AM RUNNING 451 KB HEMI AND USE FILTERED FUNNEL WHEN REFUELLING.

2. scott hall

scott hall Member

System-One inline fuel filter. It's what just about everyone uses.
    Make sure you start out with it, and you will be amazed what ends up in there.

3. 40slammer

40slammer New Member

Thanks Scott. Have been told conflicting stories.
    Is there different micron sizes and if so what is reccomended. Still testing car at this stage, but will be racing soon.

4. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

i have worked with and with out it. some people instead of running a full size system 1, they run mini screens in the barrell valve.

at any rate, running without any fuel filtration is asking for a big THWWPPEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW (my best burst panel sound effect) at some point. There is plenty of opportunities for debris between the tank and nozzles. An inline filter in front of the barrell valve significantly lowers the risk. Replacing your nozzle hoses yearly will prevent the risk of the hoses coming apart and clogging a nozzle as well.

Like Scott said, start out with it, because there will more than likely be some differences in the way your fuel system flows with the filter vs. without, albeit not major. However, it won't slow you down, we ran 267 with one last year.

Hope this helps.

5. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Will; maybe this will answer your thought....
    The SAE (Barry Little) conical screen has been run on the flowbenches of Norm Drazy, Les Davenport, Ralph Gorr and McDowell/Meyer and maybe more, all with the same result, ZERO flow restriction.
    The best thing to watch out for is dirt pits as the vent tube becomes a vacuum. Because alky is hydrous,the vent tube also picks up water from the air (worse in high humidity),it's cheaper in the long run to just dump it every night, dirt and crappy alky. Last I knew, water don't burn, but what the hell do I know, I'm just a welder!

6. Great Googly Moogly

Great Googly Moogly Super Comp

What model and where can I get one?

7. J-Drag

J-Drag T/C

SAE
    Barry Little
    Orange County, Ca
    1-714-972-8006

- - - -
    John