Electrimotion SB001A Shut Off System

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Darryl351, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Darryl351

Darryl351 New Member

Hi,

I am in the process of installing an Electrimotion Shut off system, I am installing this on our altered which has an alcohol blown Hemi with an MSD 44 and Grid ignition.

The system is able to cut the ignition, shut off the fuel and deploy the parachutes. I have no problems with the fuel and parachutes, my issues are with the ignition component as the instructions are light on in this area.

I have two questions with the installation that I hope somebody can help me with:
    1 - for the ignition shut off, what do I connect the ignition output wires from the SB001A box to within my ignition system? Do I need to install a Relay in the power to the Grid?
    2 - in the event of an abandoned run where the car is coasting through, can a switch be included that the driver can use to stop the system being activated?

Hope somebody can help

Darryl Treasure
    Western Australia

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

The safety box has a 3 amp ignition power output wire and connector. You can use this for power to the Grid either the main power or the switched power. No relay required since it handles 3 amps. Leahy sells a spring loaded momentary switch which can be used for a momentary bypass of the system on an aborted run. Any momentary spring loaded toggle switch will work.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  3. Darryl351

Darryl351 New Member

Won't the momentary toggle switch then cut the power to the ignition also which will shut down the engine?

4. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Yes in your case I see what you are saying. Then the switch would go to a black cube relay. The normal closed would be the power to the shutoff unit and the normal open would be also connected to the ignition along with the power to the ignition from the shutoff unit. So when you hit the momentary toggle switch it energizes the relay and opens the NC contacts which shuts off the box and it closes the NO and gives power to the ignition.

5. Darryl351

Darryl351 New Member

Thank you so much for the information Mike, this is a great help.