distibutor leaking thru center

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by caseyspradlin, Mar 10, 2009.

1. caseyspradlin

caseyspradlin Member

I run MSD 10 with crab cap distributor. I have oil coming up through inside of distributor and coming out between base and rotor button. I thought needed new seal so I asked MSD about this and they said motor had too much pressure. So I but a huge 12 gal (T/A legal) puke tank on and still same thing. Anyone else with this prob? Any solutions?

Thanks

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Well, I kinda agree with MSD. Why isn't your crankcase venting to the puke tank? Is the puke tank itself vented? How big of a vent? Have you performed a leak down test on all your cylinders?

3. Bottlefed

Bottlefed New to Blowers

Also,

Assuming this is a blower motor, is your manifold the type that can leak boost into the valley if poorly sealed? But I also agree with your initial thought if the seal is bad then any crankcase pressure at all will create problems.

Richard Gavle

4. caseyspradlin

caseyspradlin Member

the puke tank is baffled, with no breathers, 2 - 1.25" inlets, 2 - 1.5" outlets. I haven't leaked the motor, so I quess I will check that.