Demke Back in Action at Kansas Nationals

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, May 21, 2014.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Demke Back in Action at Kansas Nationals

TOPEKA, Kan. (May 21) – Chris Demke and his Maddern Racing Top Alcohol Dragster team return to competition at the NHRA Kansas Nationals this weekend after a short hiatus. The Californian group hasn't raced since the Las Vegas races in late March, taking time off to troubleshoot issues in the car's performance.

“We finished our humble pie and went through the car with a fine-toothed comb. We have a pretty good feeling that we found the issue but you never know until the car has gone down the track a couple of times. I'm cautiously optimistic. The rest of the team and I are very excited to get back to racing,” Demke commented.

Chris and the Peen Rite/OSI/Boost Performance Products team have mixed feelings about racing at Heartland Park Topeka. Demke has reached the final round here four times in the past – as recently as last year – but he has yet to make it to the Topeka winner's circle.

“Topeka is an interesting track for our team, as it's one of the tracks where we've runnered-up numerous times but never won. While the car doesn't perform as well as I would like it to when we're there, we've been to the finals there more often than not. I'm certainly hoping we can finally get a win at Topeka, however I'm more eager to get back in the seat and find out if we've solved our problem in the clutch area,” claimed the popular blown alcohol dragster driver.

Adding to the excitement of Maddern Racing's return weekend is the opportunity to race in front of a sponsor's home crowd.

“Topeka is fairly close to the home office of one of my primary sponsors, Operational Solutions, Inc. It will be nice to see the team at OSI again. Racing so close to the OSI headquarters will give us extra motivation for us to give them a good showing this weekend,” Chris concluded.

Top Alcohol Dragster qualifying at the NHRA Kansas Nationals, May 23-25, kicks off on Friday with sessions at 3:30 and 6:30 PM. Teams will get one final session on Saturday at noon before going into first round of eliminations at 3 PM. Eliminations continue on Sunday.

Maddern Racing is a family-owned and operated NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster team based in Southern California. The team's Chris Demke-driven Peen Rite/Operational Solutions/Boost Performance Products blown alcohol dragster is owned by Jerry Maddern and crewed by Adam Rhoades, Kevin Watson, Mike Demke, Greg Rice, and Robert Hadaller. For more information on Chris Demke and Maddern Racing, please visit www.MaddernRacing.com.

Maddern Racing receives support from the following companies: Peen Rite Inc., Operational Solutions Inc., Boost Performance Products, B-G Detection, Afco, and LA X-Ray.