Curious how the T.A.R.A. meeting went?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Dragster503, Sep 7, 2004.

1. alkysniffer

alkysniffer New Member

Yeah Santos ran well then but didnt they change the rules enough to where the small block that he won so many races with couldnt do that anymore? Also better take a good look at when the first 20 was run with an afuel car as it was back around then also so that is not a good arguement. Take a look at all the 20s that have been run this year by a blown car, lets see oh I remember one at chicago and John Haley did it a 5.299. Congrats to him by the way for a good run there. The problem is that the blower car is only gonna run a 20 when conditions are perfect along with the track. Afuel on the other hand can do it anytime the temp is 80 degrees or lower and ppl cant say it cannot be done on a bad track cause it was done a Scribner and it dont get much worse than that. Sure you can say that Meyer didnt win the race but missing the tune up is not either cars fault. Come on guys lets be real here I want to see both cars run well and be competitive and I dont want to see the afuel have to slow down either.

2. Tad117

Tad117 Member

first zone I may be wrong but I think santos also ran a 28 in the finals at the world finals in 01. As for a good argument alkysniffer my point is there are very few blown cars out there that have the funding and knowledge to do what santos did back then. If that team was togehter today my bet is that they would be still up towards the top. I am not trying to start an argument just stating some facts and my opinion

3. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

len imbrogno in chicago said he didn't know what but something was going to be done about parity.

4. The Zone

The Zone Member

TAD 117, he ran a 5.298 in 2002. He ran no 5.20's at Pomona at any other time

Dean

5. smoke

smoke Jr. Dragster

Didn't the Santos/Oakwood guys use the "c" blower for one event just before it was banned?

6. Mr Scary

Mr Scary New Member

Yes, at Phoenix in like '99 or '00. Run a quickest 5.31

7. alkysniffer

alkysniffer New Member

Tad you are exactly right on your point I aint argueing that at all. Norm Grimes is a great tuner and they pushed the envelope and did it well. What I am saying is that the nhra isnt letting the blown cars use some of the technology out there to be able to run the twentys at about all tracks out there like the afuel cars can do. Twenties once in a while dont cut it a person is gonna need to do it a lot next year. Ppl like Gunderson and Meyers and Meyers and Riechert are gonna make it a normal deal here real soon. They are all good and smart.

8. ROF

ROF Top Dragster

This parity thing is really getting OLD. TARA needs to address issues that concern every racer. Not just the TAD group. If you want to keep up then you have to spend the money to keep up. If that means changing your combo to Nitro, then do it. Its racing folks. Things change. You are not running the same rods, pistons, blocks, chassis, cranks, clutch, ignition, ect. ect. that you were 10 years ago are you? Why? Because the class has changed. Nitro is now the quicker combination. Buy one and go racing.

WHEN ARE THE TARA NOTES GOING TO BE PUBLISHED.

Geez its been over a month now. How long can it take.

9. Mr Scary

Mr Scary New Member

I have said on other threads that NHRA needs to allow to Alky cars to Go faster. Slowing the A-Fuel cars hasn't worked.

10. bm79

bm79 New Member

Firstly, who ever said that running a 5.20 will win you a race?? That is what parity is about is it not?? For a team to be able to win races rather than simply running quicker ET's...

Secondly, the parity issue will always be divided as there are 2 types of cars with 2 vary different tune-ups and many different variables which affect each of them. A BAD is easier to run and far less restricted by these variables. The BAD's are limited in their performance, but has their inherent advantages when it comes to adapting to variables such as weather or track.

Simply put, if you want to run quick, buy an AFD and hire one of the few knowledable tuners to get you there... keep in mind though that wont always make you consistent. Just remember, consistentcy will win you far more races than a handful of 5.20's spread throughout the season.

11. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

consistent 5.20s win championships

12. The Zone

The Zone Member

Your quote BM79 "Just remember, consistentcy will win you far more races than a handful of 5.20's spread throughout the season". does not hold alot of water as 70% "Top Ten" are Afuelers (only 43% of the class run that combo). They are in the top ten because they are consistent (And they ARE as consistant as the BAD's). The BAD's have lost some consistency trying to keep up with the A/Fuelers.

Dean

13. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

We still havn't heard from TARA as to what they recommended to NHRA for the class???
    The class will never be exactly eequal. It has not been since it's inseption. As far as I am concerned give the BAD's anything they want and take the extra weight off the fuel cars and let them race. This subject will never be resolved to everyone,s satisfaction. As long as you have two basicly different combinations one will always be a little better. For 10 years you rarely saw a fuel car win anything. It was a standing joke among BAD that it was like getting a bye the first round racing one.
    As far as round wins I believe that there was 4 BAD's and 4 fuel cars left after the first round at 66. This was in the best possible conditions and a record setting field.

14. The Zone

The Zone Member

They seem to have pretty good parity in Pro Mod right now and they are two totalling diferent types of cars.

Dean

15. Kosmo

Kosmo tad

Back to the basic question, WHAT EVER CAME OF THE TARA MEETING! nothing is my guess or someone would have known or said something by now.

16. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

If you notice, the initials (nhra) are not present anywhere in the name Top alcohol racers association. Hence, whatever nhra wants to do is what they will do. TARA has no official say in any decision that NHRA makes. It is just a group of alcohol racers who voice their opinions, nothing more.

17. dmwells

dmwells New Member

NHRA people at Chic. told myself and others that they would probably have their answer as to what they where going to do by Las Vegas. And the real question is WHAT is it going to be? Dave

18. was R4K

was R4K Member

Neither Force nor Lucas were very consistant with their a/fd's this weekend- They both had a 5.3 to go with their 4 runs each in the 5.2s. Funny a "consistant" BAD didn't defeat them! ;)

19. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

My guess is NHRA will make the Gizmo blower Legal.

20. The Zone

The Zone Member

Good one Bob. They will be real pissed with their consistency this weekend for sure.

Dean