Curious how the T.A.R.A. meeting went?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Dragster503, Sep 7, 2004.

1. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

David ran great for a blown car, with a best of 5.31 (against me, thanks pal). However the Injected nitro cars ran several passes in the 20s, with the best of a 5.21. And while the Wells bunch are great racers, they wouldn't have won if the AF/D they were running in the final would have left anywhere on time. As a matter of fact, Hirata probably had them covered in the semis, but got outa the groove and shut off.
    Conditions were great for a blown car, but parity is still a huge and ever-growing problem.

Take care,
    Marty

2. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

I heard the word "Parity" used in the Pro Stock ranks during the telecast....Could this mean that TAD is getting closer to the Pro's? or does the word "Parity" belong to us TAD runners?

BTW Congrats David! Fine showing indeed...one things for sure....a TAD driver won the race....

Peace, Kevin

3. Rocky

Rocky New Member

As a fan, I watched from the stands. I'd agree with your assessment, Marty.

PS. How badly did your equipment get hurt this weekend?

4. Mr Scary

Mr Scary New Member

Like I suggested, 500 CI and 125% for the blown cars will solve all the problems!

5. robert

robert New Member

dang mr scary did you lose your lunch money again ?? i know he got lucky but 5.30s all weekend isnt lucky i dont think

6. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

How many times has one car had another car covered and lost the race? It happens all the time. I don't think people should say that the only reason one car wins is because the other car did something it wasn't supposed to do. That's why you race. Anything can happen to anyone, anytime. It's called a race not a gathering. With that being said, I would feel more confident in a fast A/fuel car than a fast blown car. Although, there are not many A/fuel cars that make 7 or 8 consistent runs in a row. Quite often they fall off a tenth or more and get beat by a consistent blown car. I believe that consistency should factor into the parity issue. As performance goes, we all see the numbers, but round wins and losses are still close.

7. BAD TAD

BAD TAD top fuel

I agree ch3no2, A field with a 5.399 bump any car is subject to win a-fuel or blown. 310 to say that Wells would not have won if S.Howard had a good light is true but Howard would have lost 1st round if Perry had went down the track and not went red. I agree that on a perfect day with perfect runs the a-fuelers have an advantage but no day at the races is perfect.(besides it makes us BAD feel a little more pumped on those few occasions that we get beat one of those SUPER A-FUELERS) :cool:

8. flash

flash top alcohol

so we are back to where we started this conversation,if I have a bad and make a very good pass against a afd that makes a very good pass,I will lose every time!! so the bad has to be at it's very best and hope the afd makes a so-so run to win! glad I have a ta/fc!!

9. Mr Scary

Mr Scary New Member

How many races will see 50-60 Temps, and 60-70 Track temps??? Don't judge the parity issue because of just one race.

10. BAD TAD

BAD TAD top fuel

There will always be a parity issue regardless of what rule changes (if any). If the injected cars are slowed down or the BAD are sped up you will still have that damn parity issue. Unless the TAD class is turned into a bracket class.
    I think the best thing to do is just go racing and leave it up to the individual if they want to run an injected or a blown car.

I think the old saying goes: run what you brung and hope you brung enough!!!! ;)

11. Joker Racing

Joker Racing Super Comp

Only way to make it all even, ban fuel. All issues solved. The class is called Top Alcohol, right?

12. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Could go back to calling the class Federal Mogul Dragster. That would solve the name issue, wouldn't it?

AFDs have always been a part of the class since it evolved out of Pro Comp. The current name could be considered a misnomer.

[ October 06, 2004, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Rocky ]

13. rpmhiperf

rpmhiperf Blown Alcohol

Come on! With the amount of money the Force and Lucas familys bring into the sport. What planet are you from?

14. alkysniffer

alkysniffer New Member

I like how ppl say to look at the round wins and you can see the cars are even. Well lets look at it here. If you look at the wins at the national events I beleive that you will find 3 wins for blown cars and the rest are all a-fuel wins. I could be wrong on this as I am going from memory. I know Wells has won 2 and I believe someone else won columbus. If you ask me that dont look to even. Problem with looking at round wins is that adds in the driver and that should not be a factor. Making the cars evenly matched has nothing to do with the driver at all. Put a crummy driver in a blown car they dont win put a crummy driver in an afuel car they dont win. Yeah Wells won Chicago but was a tenth off of the fastest afuel run there and there was a lot more that were faster too. Chips fell right and there is still a certain amount of luck involved. As far as the afuel car being a little inconsistant then you guys werent at Atlanta. Gundersons car was running in the range of a 35 to a 39 all weekend long and that is as consistant as it comes and it was hot there along with humid. His car was awsome down there but he was tardy against Arthur and lost that wasnt the cars fault it ran the number. Anyway what the answer is I dont know but I do beleive haven both cars is good for the class if they can at least run the same et's. Gives ppl a chance to argue over whos is better and what kind they like. I think where most ppl are missing the boat here is that the afuel car still has potential to go faster than they have and the blower cars have been limited by the rules to run where they are and are not allowed to use the new stuff to go faster. Take cooling the fuel that is going on nhra said they can do it in the pits so ok then it is legal acording to them so why not let the blower cars use the blowers that are out? I think that is where the problem is when the new technology does come out it is banned right away. I dont claim to know the answer to the problem but the idea is to go faster so I dont beleive in slowing down the afuel I think they should let the blower cars have the technology to run with them.

15. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Santos was running 20's 5 years ago in a blown car.

16. flash

flash top alcohol

anybody else running 20's 5 years ago? because there is a whole lot of afd in that area now,and have been.

17. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Santos running 20's 5 years ago? On what planet?

18. The Zone

The Zone Member

He ran one twenty five years ago ch3no, and it was in testing (and that team experimented so much who knows if the run was made in legal trim, I expect it was though). He did not ago 20's again that year. His first sanctioned 20 wasn't until 2000. and there has been a whopping dozen runs since then. How many twenty's
    in the last two races for the A/Fuelers.(Dallas and CHicago)Also remeber Santos did not run alot of tweny's after his first one. He ran five after that first one I believe in a three year span.
    Dean

19. Tad117

Tad117 Member

This getting ridiculous. The cars that are in the top ten would be in the top ten no matter what combination they are running period. They have the proper funding and knowledge to be where they are at. Why did most of them switch to a- fuel I can't answer that may be because you take a couple of variables out of the equation. You can say santos only ran one 20 in 2000 but how many low 30's did he run? How many times did he qualify 1 or 2. How many teams are running low thirties even now?

20. The Zone

The Zone Member

Santos made four runs quicker than 5.350 in 2000. and no runs in the 5.20's other than that one testing run that year. In 2001 he made those historic runs against Mark Hentges at Reading. Three runs in the 5.20's and no others (5.20's) that year. Five other runs quicker than 5.350 in 2001. In all he made 43 runs in the 5.30's those two years, a pretty impressive stat