could the resurgance of blown entries die away as quick as it came?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Feb 12, 2007.

1. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

even field ?

Just a comment on whether this field, other than Morgan's 5.12 run, was even or NOT. There were 13 AF/D passes as quick or quicker than the quickest BA/D pass (5.333). Not just Morgans .21 second quicker pass.
    And as for my opinion on it being too early to worry about parity. That's what we've been hearing for the last 4 or 5 years. I guess it's worked for that long ............................
    If Jack O'Bannon's/Patron's/Forest Rivers' money can't get it done with a BA/D, what are us poor boys doing here?

Marty

2. Doug Randazzo

Doug Randazzo New Member

I have a question:
    Do the "cheap" a/fuel cars figure the price of a good tuner? We all know who can make this combo run and who has to pay for it.

3. Chris Demke

Chris Demke Super Comp

Blower Belt

I agree with Sean, the blower belt problem is not as bad if you run a dual idler setup. I put together a new video that show's the difference:

Single idler vs dual idler

It's a moot point, however. Even if you keep the belt on you aren't going to run a 5.12 with the current rules. We are still trying to figure out how to get the motor to use the extra boost...

Chris Demke

4. Doug Randazzo

Doug Randazzo New Member

Has anyone made a few dyno pulls with the new OD? Care to talk "ballpark" % figures from old OD?

5. eli

eli Banned

Looks to me that the second idler should be on the outside of the belt ( Near the mag) pushing in on the belt so as to grab more of the top pullys teeth, the belt is tighter on the other side because the motor is pulling it, the idler side looks to be jumping around because it's the slack side. :eek: ;)

6. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Problem Solved

The only way you are going to get two totaly different cars on diferent fuels with one allowed to run a 3 speed transmission is to monitor air conditions each round of competetion and make adjustment to nitro percentage or blower overdrive. This was one of Wills ideas. Not a bad one but who is going to make the call. The physical altitude of the track is secondary to the adjusted altitude. Now we all know this is not going to happen. Parity is a difficult thing to achieve. NHRA to their credit has been making adjustments for quite a few years to the a-fuel cars and they just keep improving their performance. Now they gave the blown cars more od. Do you think everyone with a blower has the best tuneup possible at this early date and we havn't even got into a warm weather race. As for O'Bannon changing over to TAFC I wonder what will happen if he can't challenge the two fast guys in that class?
    He was ok with the rules in TAD when his car was head and sholders above the afd. It is his $$$$ and I can respect what ever his decesion. He could have joined the afd crowd. The only real answer to this is to realize that there will never be true parity and seperate the classes. I don't want to even think about what that will do to the meager purses we already have.

7. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

To what year are you referring?

8. alky racer

alky racer New Member

I dont ever remember being head and shoulders ahead of the field with my blown car. I dont believe we were running to our full potenial last weekend so I will say maybe we should have seen a high twenty but low twenties and were not there for the blown combo. We worked as hard as anyone out there and have some of the best tuners money can buy Norm Grimes,Randy Anderson,Sam Shockly and we just came to realize that we would not be able to run a 5.12. I think that 5.12 was just the first of many low numbers like that to come. As far as not being able to keep up with the boys at the front of tafc who knows. Randy is a good tuner and has never had that problem before but if it happens at least we will get beat by the same kind of combo and know that we have the ability to get that good. I will miss lineing up next to all my friends with the dragsters but this is what we should of done a long time ago. Dont anyone forget that we already have one tafc in camp getting a second one was smarter than getting a a fuler for us.

9. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Good post and comments.

You probably would be bored in an afd too.

10. underby6

underby6 Active Member

What do you think the chances are of NHRA allowing the "C"? We are wanting to order our screw, but if they're going to POSSIBLY allow it....we don't want a useless blower laying around. So what do you guys think?

Brandon

11. weld_everything

Who wouldn't welcome another AFC?

There are very talented people in this country who have been very suuccessful in a dragster and haven't even been a factor in a funny car. It all comes down to resources. No one will ever see parity until there are two seperate classes. Let the blown guys run top dragster...haha. No I am not serious. Oh, and by the way, you know you have achieved experience in racing NHRA's alcohol classes when you have a shelf full of outdated components so Brandon if you are going to make the jump you better just get used to it. Have a great day.

12. eli

eli Banned

You can always sell you D to a funny car guy.:D

13. afuelfreak

afuelfreak New Member

no comment , to busy working on race car!!!

14. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Good post. Keep working hard on that race car; it took Johnson one race to win after switching from BAD to AFD.

15. afuelfreak

afuelfreak New Member

you mean DANA HOPEWELL got it fiqured out right?

16. Hokes Racing

Hokes Racing Moderator

Weather really looks bad for the Blown cars this weekend

Lanny

17. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Do any of the A-fuel drivers care if any Blown cars are out there, I seriously doubt it!

18. dan75

dan75 New Member

Hey Afuelfreak

Hey ethan you are alive i see check your PM's need to speak to you about those parts of mine you have!

19. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

I care!

KB

20. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Here we go again. Nobody freaked out when Santo's was way ahead of the rest of the field. Boggs makes one pass and it's the end of the world. If the A-fuel combo is head and shoulders above the blown then I guess that's what everyone should be running. Why wasn't everyone bitching when A-fuelers couldn't compete with the blown cars. All of the fast A-fuel cars were at one time blown cars. They didn't cry, they stuck with the combo and just figured out how to go faster. I know a lot of people will bitch about my comments, but it is the cold hard truth.