BUTLERbuilt or ISP head support

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by sammy, Nov 19, 2007.

1. sammy

sammy New Member

Which is the best ! or prefered ?
    Which is best priced ?
    What is the best place to order it ?

Thanks
    Sammy

2. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

I recieved my alum channels today from ISP
    I figure Force had these in his car when he crashed
    Nothing wrong with his head, well nevermind
    Give Kris a call at ISP
    704-455-3060

3. Rusty Kramer

Rusty Kramer New Member

ISP has options. I just purchased the 3 piece system. The center plate goes from the shoulder hoop over your head to the front Primary cage tube. I am mounting the plates now. I think it is over $500 when done. The side plates are 7" high. Lots of head protection just from the plates. photos are on their website.

4. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

I put the Butlers in my car and will be putting them in my new car too! Not cheap, $500 from Jeff Garvin, but nice;)

5. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

Our Butlers are custom size due to the size of the cage on my car, they are due here tomorrow. From Jeff Garvin as well. It's pretty neat because Jeff measures out everything to make sure that you have the exact sizes rather than a template size to insure maximum usage.

Also got the rear pad for the back of the cage (custom too) Total cost for all the custom work for them was just over $550.00.

Don't forget Taylor Motorsports as well, Dennis is a dealer of the Butlers too.

6. Sandracer695

Sandracer695 Member

I had the Butler built pads in my car when I crashed. I talked to Jeff Garvin after the wreck and thanked him for making such a quality product!! Also I sent an E-mail video to Jeff and he said it was one of the worst crashes he has ever seen. Before you buy anything get as much infomation as possible. If you like I can send you the video to see for your self. Joe

7. sammy

sammy New Member

Thanks
    I will call Jeff

Sammy

8. ISP

ISP New Member

Be sure to check the SFI foams in use, some vendors use 4 different types to assist with blurred vision, some do not. May also want to check what type of CarbonX is in use or if it is at all.

9. Burnin' Money fc

Burnin' Money fc New Member

Bald Spot Sports is also making the pads,and the foam seat inserts. They are great people to work with.
    Give Travis at BBS a call 1-877-277-7328

Tony DePerno
    DePerno Racing

10. BrianD

BrianD Member

I look at it this way. If you ever walk through the pits at a World of Outlaws or any other major sprint car race you will notice that the majority of the cars are running a ButlerBuilt full containment seat with head supports. Those guys take violent flips night in and night out and rely on Butlerbuilt to keep them safe. I know they aren’t traveling 300+ mph but they take some extremely hard hits. The other nice part of their head supports is that they are custom built for your car so you know they will be right.