Blown Alcohol Dragster's days are numbered...

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Excuse me, I've been involved for over 40 years, and have found the old saying "you MAKE your own luck" is quite fitting for this sport !
    We ain't buying Lotto tickets here.............

2. was R4K

was R4K Member

more like 75% hard work! 24% skill and knowledge and that 1% LUCK (good or bad) that often seems to rear it's head----doesn't luck appear when preperation or lack of preperation meet opportunity resulting in either bad or good luck?

3. JBJ

JBJ Member

Well Said.:cool:

4. LaDon

LaDon New Member

You do make a certain amount of luck but this is still got a lot of luck in it. Sorry about this guys but it aint 75% hard work it is 100% hard work. Will you are exactly right the best and the best run the same period!

5. fueller42

fueller42 New Member

Consider this...

This is the qualifying top 10 from the "other" HRA.
    Qualifying Round 3 ( Saturday 11:20 AM )

MILAN, Mich. - SUMMIT FastNews - Final order after 3 rounds of qualifying in MALLORY Top Dragster at the 2006 eMax Drag Racing Series, Suzuki Motor City Nationals presented by GM Performance Division and Heritage Newspapers:

Psn Driver Vehicle ET Speed

1. Ty Parker Undercover 6.605 205.01
    2. Bob Bastian BOS 6.612 203.28
    3. Brett Nesbitt Race Tech 6.621 203.80
    4. Edward Careccia Horton 6.696 201.94
    5. Daniel Fjeldahl Horton 6.748 199.43
    6. Tim Slone Slone 6.752 202.18
    7. Todd Avery BOS 6.755 193.02
    8. Donny Urban Race Tech 6.761 191.65
    9. Jerry Wilson Worthy 6.763 190.97
    10. Marco Abruzzi Undercover 6.770 197.91

I guess there are some rules differences etc, but if you are too frustrated to to run against the injected cars, there is another option, probably alot easier on parts too.
    Ed.

6. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

I can't believe there are some who still think the blown cars have a Chance! Boggles the mind!:rolleyes:

7. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

I think only the a/fuel guys think that. Any blown guys that say that are only being nice i think. Oh yea i forgot there is the chance that the a/fuel car could smoke the tires or drop a few holes or under estimate the blown car in the other lane that qualified with a 5.52 to the 5.27 of the a/fueler and put the a/fueler on the trailer with a 5.34 to the a/fuel cars 5.37. :D

8. proud american racing

why

why would the nhra put the afuel cars with the tADS ANYWAY plus why does the nhra keep puting more and more changes triing to keep some cars from running just triing to keep up with the rule changes like belly pan and the new rollbar sheilds i personally havent been able to keep up with the expence of updating and certing everything everyyear plus the rule changes is the nhra triing to keep the little guy out of dragracing?? or are they triing to rule change everyone out or what?? maybe someone out there in the nhra land can please explane this to me!!!!!!! i personally have given up now without even getting a chance to run my car once is this fair?? i dont think so im sorry to sound so bitter but now ive had to throw away four years worth of work. many thanks to will for his web site has been a friend to me getting parts and listening again thanks dave

9. therealspeedster

therealspeedster Jr. Dragster

my money is on sean o'bannon or steve federlin in seattle this weekend!
    just got the weather forecast and they are calling for record temps sat&sun high temp 100-102deg:eek:
    if any of you are there i will be there sec a3 row F seat 13 saturday! melting away:D

10. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

medium rare

speedster-

i like my steaks medium rare...

it's an even money bet...so a split would be a wash...a sweep by one side or another would be 2 steaks dinners..

i still feel like massey shields or lucas will be my meal ticket...:D

11. alky racer

alky racer New Member

Hey Will I just wanted to make sure our Dinner bet was still a go for Seattle and Sonoma. I hope that I can win it myself but if not I know one of the other great blown cars will come through for me. Good luck and may the best side prevail in the heat!!!!!

12. Will Hanna

Staff Member

Texas Roadhouse in Indy....

Sounds like we'll be at the Texas Roadhouse in Indy..

I'm rooting for the blown guys to do good, but I don't bet with my heart...lol.

13. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

Texas Roadhouse is a great place to sight see in my book... I'd have to say that Gainesville has had the best sights so far... And the food isn't all that bad either...

14. T.Howell

T.Howell Member

Well Gainesville is a college town after all Dan.

15. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

It's all about the talent, err location now isn't it...

16. alky racer

alky racer New Member

Seattle has come and gone and a blown car has pulled out a win. I think you owe me a steak dinner Will. Let me know what race you are going to be at so we can settle up. I might have a better idea how about double or nothing on Sonoma? My bet is we have another blown car win if the heat stays.

17. Will Hanna

Staff Member

even money...

the bet could even out in Sonoma.

as of right now, i owe you a steak dinner...probably indy or dallas.

the bet went through sonoma anyway, so an a/fuel win could even it back out, or i'll owe you two. so yeah, it was already double or nothing.

good job this past weekend.

you must have that weather guy in your back pocket...lol.

if you want to collect sooner, just look up bradshaw in sonoma, and you can take the steak dinner he owes me from 2003.....

18. therealspeedster

therealspeedster Jr. Dragster

well will if it's as hot as it was in seattle this weekend i will fire up the grill:D
    i said it would be o'bannon or federlin and i think i will stick with those two for this weekend too! how about the home town boys brian hough winning in tafc?
    those guys are on a roll this year!:D

19. Found a New Hobby

Found a New Hobby New Member

Good to see one from the BAD clan get a win. BUT, let's not kid ourselves, the AFD's were matching ET's on Sunday, in plus 90 degree heat. All of the "experts" said the AFD's will not run when it is over 82.76 degrees?!?!?!? But then again, they also say that they cannot cut a light. Massey must think he is in a BAD. Pretty soon, there won't be any "ya buts" left. Although, Homer and Mr. Dim will probably be able to come up with some.

Congrats to Sean and Norm, as well as the rest of the team. Sean, say Hi to the old man.

20. Will Hanna

Staff Member

double down?

High of 83 on Sunday at Sonoma.

Sean:

I'll offer you a 'double down' on this race.

If you win, i'll owe you 3 steak dinners.

If an A/Fueler wins, Seattle gets washed, and you owe me one steak dinner.

If you don't want to gamble your 1-0 status, we'll just keep the original bet. If a blown car wins, I'll owe you 2 steak dinners, and if an A/Fuel car wins, it's a wash.

Action to you sir. :D