(Alleged) Hadman puke tank

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Bjs344, May 7, 2016.

1. Bjs344

Bjs344 Member

I bought a few year old tank off of a member here. I think it's 3 gallon. Two 1 1/4 inlets and 1 3/4 outlet at the the top rear of the tank pointing backwards. There is a baffle where the tank transitions to the outlet, but it still wants to dump at the hit if there is Anything in the tank. I had a filter on the outlet, but then that just gets saturated and plugged up. I'm going to start cutting and rewelding today unless somebody can tell me what I'm doing wrong??

2. Bjs344

Bjs344 Member

Well, cut it open enough to see that it's just not a great design. I wouldn't have known it wouldn't work by looking at it, but certainly see why it does what it does. Capped the old outlet, cut two new breather holes in a different spot, and going to fill it with steel wool. Hopefully this will finally keep this thing from puking.

3. doug_ta

doug_ta Member

Never seen a puke tank PUKE by itself, fix your motor issues and your Hadman tank will be just fine, and by the way you are supposed to empty the tank BEFORE you make your next run. Try blowing thru a straw when it has liquid in it ., way harder than if it has nothing in it.

Doug

4. Bjs344

Bjs344 Member

Wow. Not having any useful advice is fine, but no need to be a dick. It doesn't puke under pressure, it pukes at the hit from the g forces. I had it off the car, drained it and moved around at all different angles a few times, couldn't see any oil inside. Left it sit a bit then picked it up again to start modifying. It dumped what looked like a 1/2 cup of oil out of the exhaust pipe. It apparently accumulates oil in the concentric tube arrangement.

No baffles other than the concentric tube arrangement. Nothing to keep oil from climbing the back wall of the tank. Oil accumulates in the exhaust tube section.... And oil sitting in the bottom of the tank where it should be would cause absolutely no restriction on this particular tank.

Just not as well thought out as I was expecting to see. Not sure if I'm doing something different than the way they were used on the TAD, but hopefully it will be better now.

5. Ray Hadford

Ray Hadford Member

I will make you a small bet that the tank was not made by Brad Hadman. He knows how to make one that works.

Someone sold you some vapor ware.

Ray Hadford