Alky vs Nitro

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by wolfgang, Aug 17, 2003.

1. was R4K

was R4K Member

kEVIN- NEVER HAVING MET YOU, BUT WATCHING YOU AT VARIOUS INTERNET SITES, i BELIEVE YOU HAVE LESS ENEMIES THAN YOU THINK (sorry- just noticed the CAPS) People may have strong opinions, some of which we agree with and some we don't- That does not make an enemy and if it causes hatred because you win or even preform well, The person with the animosity is the idiot in the equasion, not you. NHRA will have the final say, and sadly, likely will be unable to please all of us. So let's compete hard and enjoy it while we can, cause it won't matter when we are gone-
    As a life long Fire Fighter- I would like you all to set aside your differances for a moment and remember those who fell during 9/11. Sure makes the A/FD vs BAD debate lose some of it's importance doesn't it? [​IMG]

2. K.Brown

K.Brown New Member

Kingnitro:
    "Kevin, you call a 5.77 by Ed Vickroy in 1992 struggling? Or a 5.48 by Keith Stark in 1995? Or how bout Rick Henkleman losing the Championship to Rick Santos by 10 pts. 2000? I don't call that being lost!"

Joe, You are some kinda stats man aren't you?

Questions...

Did Ed Vickroy win the race where he ran that 5.77?

Did Keith Stark win the race where he ran that 5.48?

So Santos DID win the Championship in 2000?

Read my post....I said we as AFD have come a long ways....but you named 3 AFD and 1 Blown the CHAMP Santos...lets review 3 AFD haulin ass....1 Blown guy haulin ass...3 to 1 odds that an AFD would win the Championship in 2000 (I mean if we go by your way of thinking...AFD faster than BAD)But somehow Santos pulled it off! Henkelman lost the Championship to Santos by 10 points! Yes he did...KEYWORD: Santos WON!

I'm sorry I just don't see your point!

And to the other thread...I was pointing out your typo...you typed it not me! Don't ever call me a dickhead again....

Peace, Kevin

3. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

AFD's have been behind, what year?

4. K.Brown

K.Brown New Member

Pat...Behind in winning....plus we can't cut as good of lights as our TAD brothers/sister...lol

You guys win! I think it is time to mow the lawn!

KB

5. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

Kevin, I am also not trying to stir the pot here or make anyone mad, just trying to think about this situation as rationally and un-bias as possible as I have absolutely nothing against you or any of the other A/Fuelers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the A/Fuel cars weren't running like they are now, and the BAD's had the "advantage" it wasn't due to rules restricting either group.

Right now as I see it, the A/Fuelers have an advantage over us BAD's because we are restricted by one major rule and maybe others, I'm not sure, that being the whole "no new supercharger design after '97" thing. Now sure there may be some BAD teams that have lost .10 -.15, but that still doesn't override in my mind the fact that one of the two groups are now restricted in possible advances in technology by rules.

As a low budget team myself, I would be hurting my own cause if I said they should allow a new blower it would mean way more money to buy a new blower + parts etc. but at the same time I do know there is a definite disadvantage to the BAD's on the national level right now.

Also though, I see it from another perspective as well. Slowing down the A/Fuel cars doesn't seem like a good plan either because it wouldn't be good for our class to take speed and ET away from where it already has been.

I think there should be some kind of rules instituted (whatever it may be) that would not slow the A/Fuelers, but only to possibly slow their progress, which seems to be very rapid these days, and then also give us blown guys something to help us catch up to the A/Fuel performance.

I don't know the answers to the problem, just sharing my opinions and ideas.

6. K.Brown

K.Brown New Member

Nathan, You are 100% correct.

Good luck in your racing endeavors...

Peace, Kevin

7. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Kevin:

How's the lawn coming?

Last time I mowed the lawn I hit domething and heard a thump. It was my race car that's been parked under the overgrowth for the last year. Are you planning on racing next year?

RG

[ September 11, 2003, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Randy G. ]

8. Devin Nickle

Devin Nickle New Member

For any BAD's complaining about new rules allowing a new blower, (costing 15K or more) what about 90% or 95% screwing up AFD's. I assure you, we would lose at least that much money testing and blowing up parts. Is that fair? For us low budget AFD teams that would be a stake in the heart.

[ September 11, 2003, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: Devin Nickle ]

9. K.Brown

K.Brown New Member

RG, da grass is NOT greener on the other side! lol....

Race next year? WELL we will see....after the possible castration of the AFD car's...

Yes, I will be running limited in TF (well trying anyway) but the kid won't be running TAD!

Death to the Jokers WILD TAD oops TND!

Peace, KB

10. dak

dak Member

I've read the posts (no I do not drive or own..just a part time crew member) and I've seen the good and bad of the AFD and BAD cars..as for Rick Santos and their program..They flat out made the thing run hard ..They ran hard with a small block and when they started their Hemi program they ran hard everywhere..I think that if they came out today, they would run hard and would be a force to deal with again...May not win the world championship but boy would they shake things up..Go back 10 or so years ago when there was 6 or so different combinations ..wedge,hemi 1 or 2 plugs , nitro , nitrous , multiple motors oh and Turbos..this is just a bump in time

11. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

Guess you haven't looked at the results this year. Bradshaw, Lucas and Bartone have all been ripping the f'in tree down...

12. Dale_F

Dale_F Super Comp

Mike Gunderson 5.232 @ 280.54 mph

13. was R4K

was R4K Member

Sorry Kevin- Under the Gun wins! ;)

14. Langenhammer

Langenhammer New Member

Way to go Mr. Gunderson, that's f'n awesome!!! Let's enjoy it while we can, cause come next yr,
    (and who knows for how many more yrs)we won't see those kind of numbers from ANYTHING in the TAD class. 280 MPH, that's incredible!

15. K.Brown

K.Brown New Member

The race is over? Congrats MG! way to go on your win! awesome run in the 280 zone also....

Under the GUN WINS! That was a long time coming MG...Thanks WAS R4K for telling me that they won! I have been so busy working I had not even checked the computer!

Damn what a good day!

Kevin

16. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

What Gear is Gun Running, a 2.50?

17. Max Power

Max Power New Member

6 of the top 8 are fuel. the best blown run was 5.477

18. was R4K

was R4K Member

Kevin- that was a response to your quote that "you guys win"- I was just elevating Michael to that days winner- never said he won the race! although that would be a great result- Hope he keeps it together. He is on of the super nice guys out there. Just goes to show- Nice doesn't have anything to do with the car you drive!

19. K.Brown

K.Brown New Member

Well, Hope he wins...or someone is gonna look like a real dumbass! and yes MG is a good guy!

peace, Kevin

20. ilovealcohol

ilovealcohol New Member

would it be too hard or too expensive for a/fuel drivers to buy a couple roots blowers and get out of the top ALCOHOL dragster class :confused: