A Blown Twenty

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by tjenna, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Mr Scary

Mr Scary New Member

I must admit as fast as the Blower cars ran this weekend, the Fuel cars didn't run any teens! :confused:

2. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Wow, you guys are a little hard on some of my friends here. That's not very nice. MK and Sheila. Dan, you still didn't answer their question. The final, 5.25 to a 5.27, both at 270, give me a break..... Wells just toke a good ass whippen. Spanked on the tree( .016 to a .060). If the blown guys and gals keep driving like that they will need some help with performance alright ...The shit is on now! How about that Kev....pretty damn funny...Some of the BAD's posts earlier need to be edited. Lots of changes since them, (That's one BAD in the 20's}Whatever...

By the way Will, you have some mean people over here....Dan was a little out of line...I know Mike, he is a good guy, and was in line til that jack off spouted..... Maybe Dan wants to still try and kick the shit out of the A/Fuel teams in the staging lanes again like he has posted before? I say bring your (hide behind the keyboard fa**ot ass) on over!!!!!Opps, I crossed the line now. Sorry...I must take a more policitcal stance now. Yes Mr.G, I have taking my medicine!

3. TAD1128

TAD1128 Member

Wow! We have some really classy people in the Dragster ranks. I just got my daily dose of laughter here.

Parity issue or not, don’t we all enjoy what we are doing? How many people out there have been doing this for years and years without a win, but they still keep doing it? Many of us consider our competitors our family and just enjoy the sheer competition. So maybe some people choose to run Blown Alcohol and some choose to run A-Fuel and do not care to switch the class they run. How lucky are we to be able to run over 250 in 5 1/2 seconds? Not many people get to do that.

Congrats to all the cars that qualified in Chicago, Blown OR A-Fuel, since it was a great show and the car count alone really gives support for the class! I watched it all on the starting line while freezing!

See you in Reading.

4. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

keep this in mind...

wells' .27 in the final was .01 away from being the quickest blown run ever. i believe it was the second quickest ever.
    lucas' .22 in the final was .09 away from the quickest a/fuel run. without an official count, i would say probably around the sixth or seventh quickest run.

5. Max Power

Max Power New Member

Mr Wendland,

The people here are, tame compared to other little corners of the web. There has been more than one forum close because of these issues, so don't expect any thing to change in this Millenium. So, as a consequence alot of racers and fans don't go to these forums any more. Will's forum has been the only one to come around in the last couple of years that is worth the trouble to visit.

MP

6. Langenhammer

Langenhammer New Member

BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,YADA,YADA,YADA!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats to EVERYONE who ran well in Chi-town. Looked like it was an awesome race in both of the alky ranks.

7. Bob Holley

Bob Holley New Member

I think in my many years of fuel drag racing this is the first time I have ever seen racers bitchin
    because they could only run two to five thousands
    from the competion. How many races have been won on the starting line over the years when this close. When the et's in TAD for both type cars were about the same of favoring the blown cars and the reaction times for fuel cars were much worse you didn't hear the fuel guys raising hell!
    They went to work on the problem and most on their own. Thats what Wells and the guys are doing. At Chicago it was the best against the best in excellent conditions. The best driver on that run won.
    Bob Holley TAD 401

8. Will Hanna

Staff Member

bob,

yes it was a good race. wish i could have been there to see the awesome performances, better yet i wish we could have had jason's car out there to see what we could have done. just because they were close this race, or maybe at indy, doesn't mean there is parity.

if every blown car is held to the standard of being able to run 5.26 in a mineshaft, every a/fueler should be held to the standard of 5.13. the 5.26 of shields, wells 5.27, etc were nearly perfect runs, there probably wasn't a whole lot left on the table. as i remember ormsby's mph was only 261 on that 5.13, and was going 231 at the 1/8. that shows you there is even more potential, and the whole a/fuel contingent knows it. hell bradshaw pedaled it on the 5.19 run in houston.

it isnt whining, its just wanting to have a shot at running at the top of the class.

9. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

Will,

I've given up. I've come to the conclusion that the Afuel people have their blinders on and have no chance of looking at this realistically.

So unless one of them posts something really outrageous, I'm not going to comment on this subject anymore.

And Rob, you haven't answered all my questions either...

Sincerly,
    Dan

10. The Zone

The Zone Member

Dan, all you seem to do is bash a/fuel guys. How is what you are doing productive? What do you have for an answer? We need a solution, not one of the two types of cars gone.
    Dean

11. The Zone

The Zone Member

And Bob Holley, it was 2-5/100ths difference. And no the best driver did not win the best car won that weekend. The BAD had no chance to run a 5.22. All the drivers in the top ten are capable of .01-.05 lights. Santos was said to be the best drier ever in the class yet his rt's in his last full time year were only .04-.07 most of the time. When in previous years he was a .02-.05 rt guy.

Dean

12. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Not sure of the best answer. Maybe it is speed up the blown cars.

How is the question on either slowing the AFD's or speeding up the blown cars?

The only thing that is definite is something needs to be done.

13. Wendland

Wendland Guest

O.K>

We slow down the a/fuel cars. Will, how much?
    A. .03 B. .05 C. .07 D. .10 E. .13

If slowed, how would you do it? Will...
    A. weight per cid
    B. Minimum weight
    C. Gear, 3:20
    D. Nitro %

What do we do for the A/Fuel cars above 83 degrees? Will....

A. Park them.
    B. Weight break
    C. % nitro back
    D. other

What do we tell the guys who are in the process of building or buying an a/fuel car right now? Will...

A. Your just stupid.
    B. Don't do it, your getting ready to have one broke off in your ass...
    C. Go ahead, you'll get if figured out in a couple years again....

Jeff Wilson is one of the smartest guys I know, he is going to have one of each. In a perfect world that would work pretty well. Thats if they both ran well. What are all of your suggestions for the amount that the a/fuel cars should be slowed down? I would really like to know.....

14. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Hello, testing 1, 2, 3........Does this thing work....

15. Mr Scary

Mr Scary New Member

Check the Mike!!!

16. Mr Scary

Mr Scary New Member

Check the Microphone!!!

17. Will Hanna

Staff Member

rob, do i have to use a no. 2 pencil?

since i dont have one handy, i wont take the multiple choice version of this test, but instead will answer with 'discussion' questions.

how much to slow them down? to the point where if an a/fuel car runs a .20, they get the same reaction as when marty thacker runs a .20 in a blown car. 'wow that was an awesome run'

how to do it? i've been a proponent of reduced nitro % for a while. i dont know the magic percent, but to hear some talk, they won't start on any less than 100%, much less stage or run. i dont buy that. nice thing about percentage it can be adjusted.

over 83 degrees? race them. there's people that run good numbers above 83 degrees now on marginal tracks, and it will happen again.

what to tell people that are building them? good luck with your new endeavor. is a/fuel as lucrative without a .2 advantage?

yes, jeff wilson has a good strategy, having available to him both combos. not everyone has that kind of cash to build two cars, and the class rules should hardly be built around such a strategy.

sorry for slow responce, been getting ready for darlington....

18. The Zone

The Zone Member

Rob, I have stated that comment about building two different cars before. THe unfortunatle aspect about that deal, is obviously the cost. But to put it in perspective, the cars get half the runs on them and they will last twice as long. But the tuner himself will certainly havr to be a jack of all trades, and I wwould commend any team that could do it. If only NHRA paid out money that would make it at least worth looking at. Here is the payout structure i would like to see and have lobbied for before:
    Div: winner: 3500
    runnerup: 2500
    Semi finals 1500
    First round 1000
    non qualifiers 500 (if over 12 cars total) 500 for first four and 250 for the rest.

National: win 8000
    runner up 5000
    semi finals 3000
    1/4s 2500
    1st round 2000
    non qualifiers 500

Dreams right, Dean

19. Will Hanna

Staff Member

as far as putting weight on them, history has shown that hasn't done much....

20. Mr Scary

Mr Scary New Member

How much is a turnkey car these days, $75-80,000?