word on the street: lucas to run d4 with boggs tuning..

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

word on the street puts morgan lucas back behind the wheel of his a/fueler with steve boggs tuning and he'll be running div 4.

lets see, the first two races will be at near sea level in houston and no problem...both of those races could have corrected alt's of zero or better, memphis could be 1000' or better....kinda like they said in the wizard of oz, lions tigers and bears, oh MY!

D4 will be interesting! Conway has yet to name a driver, it could be him behind the wheel, will be in the mix. Defending D4 Champ Spencer Massey will be back, and a threat as always with his killer rt's. Brandon Pierce really turned a corner last year with his car. David Brounkowski is switching his combo from Miner Bros to BAE, with his engine builder and consultant being none other than Mr. No. 1 Bill Reichert. His brother Karl is sticking with the Miner Bros combo, and has spent some big bucks with Bob developing an A/Fuel specific Miner/Rhino head. Darvin Martinets will be behind the wheel of the ex-Guy Kelly machine with Chris Russell turning the tuning knobs. Once this group gets their feet wet, could be a threat. Lee Callaway still has his potent BAD as well, and hasn't ruled out playing in the summer months, although his main focus will be on his new Mustang TAFC that will be tuned by Jackie Stidham. I also hear that Bob & Chris Holley made some solid laps in testing, which is a big move in the right direction for the vets from Freeport.

In D4 TAFC this may be Jimmy Jones last year. Somebody get that man a sponsor! Jackie Stidham will be with Lee Callaway on his new TAFC venture, and sadly, Jonathan Johnson will be without a ride (thus far) as Etterman has his operation for sale after losing Bar's Leaks. Steve Harker will be a very real threat after finishing the year very strong. Rumor has it he lost his clutch man that was an integral part of his late season charge (just kidding here :D - clutch is way too much work). Ron Morrison was last year's most improved within the division, hands down, and should be a 'contenda' again this year. Steve Burck seemed to turn a corner towards the end of the year with some assistance from Richard McClain. Brandon Lewis is a lot better than where he finished in the division, if he can keep his parts breakage problems down, look out. Kebin Kinsley will be dangerous with a budget. As for that Will Hanna guy, well, we all know they are ez money. For whatever it's worth, we'll have an "Aussie" connection in our corner. Nancy Matter has steadily improved since bringing Tom Conway on board. Brad McWilliams will be back with a new driver in the ex-Jackie Stidham machine.
    That's the scoop I have from D4....

2. bmoore

bmoore Member

Will, it was good to see/meet you at Vegas. I think Steve will struggle without that clutch guy:rolleyes: . Seriously though he was the car to beat but "stuff" happened. Roger was was on a roll and I don't know where those reaction times came from in Pomona. When we got to the other end he said in typical Bateman style, "That was just a red light that did'nt happen". Not bad for an old guy...
    Bill

3. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

Great stuff there Will... Thanks for the info...

4. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

thanks Will, see ya soon.

Nancy

5. Hokes Racing

Hokes Racing Moderator

I saw were Lucas was enter at Pomona in T/AD

Lanny

6. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

What about the car Boggs was tuning last year?

7. sportsman fan

sportsman fan New Member

Lucas

So does this mean Morgan will not be running in top fuel anymore? It would be nice to still see him in the pro ranks but that would be a tall order to do 2
    classes. Now how about the team mates Troxel and Ashley whats going to happen to them?

8. JBJ

JBJ Member

He's on the entry list for T/F for the first race of 2007 at Pomona.

9. ITS IN MY BLOOD

I heard over the weekend that Javed and Scotty from the
    Big O tires Team walked, and went to the Lucas/Morgan A/fuel deal full time
    and that the Big O tires A/fuel digger is for sale or parked, and then
    i see on nhra entry list that Garret Bateman is entered under,
    Greg Lawrences sponsored entry,..does this mean Bateman is driving
    Gregs car now ,..Greg what are you going to drive ???? atleast in Pomona ?????Hmmmmmmmmm
    Baca`s parked, Big O is parked, Hmmmm...... ????????????????

10. michael hall

michael hall New Member

John Finke

What's going to happen to Finke if Steve goes to Morgan's camp? Will Steve tune both?

11. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Maybe Bib "O" will find somone else to sue so they can continue to race.