trans.

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by blown chevy, Sep 27, 2007.

1. blown chevy

blown chevy New Member

anyone using a powerglide behind a fuel motor,old school tune up.

2. altered boy

altered boy Outlaw Altered

I'm doin it and if you don't already own the 'glide... here is the only number you need to call 661-723-0081 Mike's trans in cali. he is THE man for 'glides

best of luck... let the fun begin :)

3. GFORCE

GFORCE New Member

Fuel Chevy

Well,
    I already have a Rossler 10 Clutch,with a Deadenbear Case,BTE Str.Cut 1.80 Gear set.Its not a Mikes trans,but we'll see what happens?Only Issue that i'm undecided about it the Rear Gear?We will running a set of Goodyears 36x17.5x16 on Double Beadlocks.Maybe,have some 34.5's around also?
    THIS Will be a New Combo for Next season.
    So,ANY THOUGHTS?
    Later
    G :cool:

4. alcohol altered

alcohol altered New Member

I don't run nitro but I do run the 36" tires with double beadlocks and a Coan glide. I swapped to some 34.5" and the car actually slowed .02 through the 1/8. I run a 4.33 rear gear. 60' times are .98 on a good day and 1.001 on a bad day. I leave at a dead idle.

5. GFORCE

GFORCE New Member

Trans?

What Gear is in the Trans,and how about the Converter?
    O'yeah i dont run Fuel either,YET!!!!
    Later

6. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

I would think the 1.80 first would be going in the wrong direction for a fuel setup unless you had a tall enough rear gear to make it think it was a taller first gear. 1.80 should work better with an alky setup, think there is a 1.65/1.69 first gearset available from a couple of different builders. JMHO

7. rick macedo racing

rick macedo racing New Member

pg trans

had the same deal with a mikes 10 inch converter and a 3 000 stall with a pro stock tire worked fine but did spin the tires a little.But the right trans set up should be ok,I used mikes stuff with no problems at all.

8. altered boy

nitro is a funny thing... it's like that one really tough teacher that you often times thought was an assh*le because he was a hard ass

but in the end you realize you learned more from your mistakes and errors

i always hated those teachers... but probably learned the most from them

and yes before some smart ass asks... i DID ride the short bus and i spent entirely too much time in the principals office :D

9. alcohol altered

I run a 1.88 first and a Coan bolt together 10.5" with a 7,000 stall.

10. GFORCE

GFORCE New Member

Gear

Only Problem there is,Your Running Fuel.And i'm Running Alky,so iwas thinking a 10"Converter with as tight as Stall that can be Made?Around 2500 to 3 Grand>
    I have a 1.66 1st Gear but its a shorty and i run a Full length Glide.I would have Used the Shorty but the new Chassis has a 4-Link rear.
    Later

11. alcohol altered

I run only alcohol no nitro has been tried. That was the converter Coan recommended, it is also a spragless. I picked up .5 just from the converter and my tuneup totally changed. We get quicker each time out and still have a ways to go based on the spark plugs and egts.

12. Eric David Bru

LOL !!!

EDB

13. altered boy

apples and oranges... some where this thread took a heavy detour from its original question about nitro and powerglides or maybe i ass-u-me-d wrong...

blown chevy are you talking a 15% type deal (like some guys call fuel?) or are you talking 75% plus? they are very different animals... only ask cause i have been bitten by both... haha

14. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Miss Johnson. 3rd grade. She scared the crap out of us. When we got to the 4th grade we felt like our problems were over for the rest of our lives. Then in the 5th grade she was bumped up and became the new 6th grade teacher. We had he all over again the following year. She was an excellent math teacher and made me fall in love with it.

Later in life (and in racing) I have learned that math and more math is your friend. She was great at "tough love" by making us learn it...or else.

15. blown chevy

blown chevy New Member

powerglide

sorry about taking so long to reply, but we were kicking the idea around to go with a nitro combination next year, around 85 to 90 percent, was wondering if anyone had ran that combo. with a powerglide. this will be a chevy 125 in. altered. we are talking old school tune up.