TAD Driver ignoring fans?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by jeremy032, May 22, 2010.

1. jeremy032

jeremy032 New Member

Ok so I went to Indy O'reilly raceway park today for the re-scheduled Lucas Oil Spectacle of Speed, I also went there back in April the original date that was canceled out due to rain. Anyhow I have been going to this event for the past 3 years and every year I wave at the Rislone driver B.R. and he never waves back or acknowledges fans, I mean this in the upmost respect but is this guy just unfriendly or is he that focused. I don't know him personally but I used to be a fan and now even though he's #1 his lack of a personality towards fans really makes me irritated...

2. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

Bill and Gloria are very nice people, period, nuf said IMHO

Yes he is very focused, you do not stay at the level if your not!

3. Chris Gerber

Chris Gerber New Member

Seriously? Remember that these guys aren't the big show guys that their only job is to drive the car and "wave and smile" and not "irritate" you. As far as I know BR still runs a business at home, runs the team, and drives (and obviously does all of this very well).

4. jeremy032

jeremy032 New Member

When it says "Rislone" on the side then one would think they would want to promote and sell the corporate image, afterall isn't that who is flipping most if not all of the bill. I dont expect him to wave or anything but is it that tough to do a head nod, especially when he is heading back to the pits after winning a round.

5. rick macedo racing

rick macedo racing New Member

Maybe he didnt notice you,or he was deep in thought and drifting out into space,or focusing on something else,or maybe he was looking at something you werent aware of,or talking to a guy in the tow vehicle

6. jeremy032

jeremy032 New Member

As I mentioned earlier I didn't mean this in a disrespectful manner, I have great appreciation for all of the alcohol racers, and appreciate everything they do. The whole team is the one's that work their butts off in the heat getting their car ready for the next round while I get to sit on my ass in the bleachers and enjoy the fruits of their labor for a minimal admissions charge. I enjoy the sport greatly and am more of a fan of this racing than I am of the John Force and Larry Dixon's which to me is too corporatized like Nascar and the 1000ft is total BS and don't like the direction NHRA is taking them.. I apologize if my post offends anyone as it wasn't my intention and if I could delete it I would as my question seems to have been answered.....

7. dave hirata

dave hirata Member

the rislone team is one of the nicest teams in the country. bill's focus to his race car is evedent by 4 world championships. i cant imagine him ignoring anybody, especially a fan. as an owner, business owner, truck driver, cook, janitor, tuner, driver, i know that sometimes what i see doesnt registser as what really is. you fans make us and we appreicate any one who spends the time and money to come to our pit. just another view.

8. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

you cant take it personal . as a driver of my own car and im not at his level your always busy thinking things for the race are the next round in sure if you hung around long enough you would get chance get a chance to speak with him

9. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

Jeremy032, I would suggest visting them in the pits. Of course if they just broke some parts on a round win and trying to turn it around for the next round be respectful of there time. But most of the time you will be welcomed.
    Give them another chance :)

Blessings.......Ron Clevenger
    Creekside Racing Ministry
    Top Eliminator West

10. jeremy032

jeremy032 New Member

My wife and I were really rooting for you Dave Hirata, we just loved seeing a father son team so determined and hard working. Thank you for your input and efforts and excitement your team brought to Indy on Friday and Saturday.

11. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

As others have said I cant imagine him ignoring anybody. When I was working on Pattons car we parked next to the Reicherts at several races over the years. Never once heard a complaint about them. While I never got into an indepth conversation with Bill he was always freindly and would say hello.

12. Alky_lover_and_drinker

I havent been around fulltime in quite some time but if Bill Reichert is "blowing you off" then honestly he must not be seeing you. Bill is a class guy and would never knowingly just blow anyone off that was waving to him. He probably had just made a bad run/close race, etc. and was in deep thought or maybe just looking past you instead of directly at you.

I can fully understand your frustration/dismay if you feel he's just kind of ignoring you but, coming form someone who has been around him, I dont think in any way he was being rude. Walk up to his pit and ask to meet him when theyre not busy sometime and Im sure you'll see he's a good guy. You probably just got him in the "heat of the moment' or something

13. firefly18

firefly18 New Member

Knowing Bill for a long time now, he has a tendancy to be thinking bout the run or the next round and does notice anything around him. Or the wife was yelling at him cuz the run was not good enough.

14. foc

foc New Member

totally agree there Chance ...havent been around much latley but have known Bill and the crew for a real longtime and they are as nice as anyone in the sport I am sure it was just totally a focus issue on his part he wouldn't ignore a fan on purpose

Chad Pilkington