Shumacher's penalty

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Dale H., Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HEMIdude

HEMIdude New Member

2. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

3. sportsman fan

sportsman fan New Member

I got one good ? who does Rick Stewert work for. I though it was the NHRA by looking at that call by him it looked to me like he was working for DSR. Just a touch of favoritism! I'm not afraid to say not a big fan of DSR and glad Ron Caps lost to Force and the army bikes lost also let the more humdle teams win not the "my shit don't stink teams". Doug should be the champ in my eyes also.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2006
  4. eli

eli Banned

And N.H.R.A. did!!!!

5. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

Schumacher

I dont understand why everyone is attacking DSR in favor of Kalitta... Kalitta has more cars in TF than DSR, yet I dont hear how they are given favoritism... I didnt make a big deal of it since it is business, but its unusual how Will had a dominant car in Vegas and "happened" to go up in smoke while racing Dougy... I don't condone it, but when things are tight EVERY team does what it takes to get an edge, including the holy Kalittas.

CJ Curtsinger

6. BOBBY MARTINDALE

Buster

I agee with you Mr.Hall,the man has no balls and he has to take control of the starting line. HE NEVER GOT IN THE FACE OF AJ AND SAID SHUT OFF. my 2 cents.Can't wait til next yr.

7. eli

eli Banned

No one is attacking dsr in favor of The Kalitas, The question is How dose one team circumvent a rule and get away with it all year long, ( now every one is doing it ) AND, how dose a car run 4.48=4.49=4.47= 4.45 in GOOD air, then make "the run" 4.42 in $hit air??? explaine that cool guy.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  8. michael hall

michael hall New Member

final tip of the can

hey gang, I think we've all blown off enuff steam on this. Thanks Bobby for seeing things the way I saw it. Both DSR and Kalitta have arguments to last all winter. I still feel Rick No Nuts is just a showman on the line, and no matter how much experience he had racing or starting cars, he is still an idiot, waving his hands for cars to stage and his William Shatner overacting. Just watch him sometime, it's like he knows when the camera is on him. God, I miss Buster. Hey Carl, if you are reading, you should be the chief starter(Div 1 starter). Everyone have a great winter, see ya at the Div 1 banquet.

mikey

9. bryanbrown

bryanbrown Member

10. Flatlander

Flatlander New Member

Hey-

As a driver only one crew person was ever given the ability to have me shut the car off. Hell with all the monkey motion going on would any driver allow just anyone to signal him to shut down?? Only one on my crew and everyone knew who it was (The crew chief). Yes Buster would have made sure that the CC and driver were well aware of a infraction. The tree could have been set to red on Tony but they were allowed to stage and attempt a run. Favorites oh yea NHRA tried to have a side by side qualifing contest.
    Just for you Will- The track is straighter after several World Championships!!:) Flatlander

11. dlewis

dlewis New Member

Hey Eli, if it was s**t air then why did Beckman reset the funny car record the pair in front of Shu and nobody was or is complaining or second guessing that pass?

12. eli

eli Banned

Circumventing the rev limiter, D.S.R.'s m/o :rolleyes:

13. eli

eli Banned

dlewis, ask Ron to spill his guts, he seems to know, I asked and he did not answer.:rolleyes:

14. Speedude

Speedude Speed Demon

How much does air affect Top Fuel, I wouldn't think it would be too much.

15. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

Schumacher

well Eli, its clear we dont agree on anything except one point... that I am a "cool guy".. ;-)... I will give you that there is room for suspicion on Beckman's run, and only because I find it a bit remarkable how he was all over the track and made the record... I still dont think either of the numbers was rigged though... I think the immediate posting of the numbers on the board, the camaras showing the cars relevance to each other, and the difficulty to keep the races planned to the thousandth at that level makes it sound too far out there for me...

as for if the air changes things, it changes a lot... you can have the best car, but in the worst air it can't do record runs... I dont know how the air was for them because I dont tune a pro car (nor do I tune anything really)...

Force has been a dominant force throughout his career and I would owe it all to Coil. Force has more power in NHRA (or at least I would assume) than any other driver or team owner, but I wouldn't go as far as to say NHRA favors him. He just happens to have the best crew chief that class has ever been graced with. Just as a side note, I also happen to know Force is genuinly a good father. Darien (Ashley's crew chief/co-owner) told me personally that the first thing John told him is that he wanted his daughter to be safe. I thought that was a really cool thing for someone like him to do. I wouldn't have blinked if I had heard that he said "I want her to win," but to hear that he puts his families saftey above the racing is sadly more than I can say for a few people I have met.

16. DQUES

DQUES Member

Just read a interview with Dan Olson over at DRO . He was asked what he thought should have been done to the DSR car and he replied , they should have been disqualified . I guess he can say that now that he works for NHRA and not DSR anymore . Pretty good reading on some things he is going to try and do to the fuel classes . Lets hope he gets it right and soon .

17. eli

eli Banned

18. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

Circumventing the rev limiter? There were at least Eleven runs over 330 MPH. None of them were by Tony Shumacher

19. eli

eli Banned

Gess you missed this one, ayy chip :rolleyes:P/S it is a dead horse now so lets leave it alone, I'm done.

20. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

bottom line here is........DSR bought the championship for $20,000.....end of story

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.