Shelly Howard dies in testing accident

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

It is with great sadness we report the death of Shelly Howard due to injuries sustained in a high speed testing accident at Tulsa Raceway Park. The car did a blowover and came back to the starting line under power, hitting the tow vehicle with her son Brian in the vehicle. He died later of injuries sustained. This is truly a tragic day, and Shelly will sorely be missed.

As I get more details, I will post them here.

RIP and God's speed Shelly and Brian.

[ April 03, 2005, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Will Hanna ]

2. therealspeedster

therealspeedster Jr. Dragster

oh this is truley sad news. my whole familys thoughts and hearts go out to the howard family.
    terry mayhew.

3. Joker Racing

Joker Racing Super Comp

That is very tragic. I was shocked to learn of this news. From my family to her's, or prayers go out to you. I am greatly saddened by your loss. May God comfort you in your time of need.

4. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Sad news indeed.....Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to the entire SHR family....

Shelly and Brian are gone but will never be forgotten.

Godspeed.........

Kevin and crew

5. Pepper Express

Pepper Express New Member

We have been racing with Shelly and Paul Howard for a several years and have become close friends. I just want to say that you could not ask for a nicer group of people, if you needed something they would help. I really enjoyed racing with Shelly and she will truly be missed by all. Our prayers and blessings go out to the Howard family.

6. snoopracing101

snoopracing101 New Member

i am so sorry to here shelley and her son have passed away,i have watched her race for years,she was and always will be a great competitor,all of us from oregon will miss her and her son greatly,my heart felt tears go out to the family.

7. sixspeed

sixspeed NHRA D-2 Cert Team

I am so sadden by this tragic loss. Shelley and her husband have always so been so kind to me when I would do their tech inspection. They always worked with me when I had to do things to verify motor, blower, etc. I haven't been to a national event in a while, but when I did go, I always made a point to stop and say hi. NHRA & TAD has lost a great person. Rest in piece Shelley and Brian.

8. Motorsports Miracle Network

Motorsports Miracle Network NHRA, GOODGUYS,IHRA

We wre just informed of Shelly and Brian's accident. All of us know that this is the risk we take everytime we strap in for a race. Shelly represnted our sport as a true champion. Our prayers are with her family and hope they find peace. They will be missed.

9. Kosmo

Kosmo tad

God bless Paul and family, this is truly gut wrenching news, and my prayers and thoughts go out to all. Consider the flags at half staff for her as well as the Pope. Godspeed Shelly and Brian

10. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

While nothing is official yet, it looks like the services will be held Wednesday. I am still working on an address to send flowers to. If anyone gets that information before I do, feel free to post it.

11. azspeedfreak

azspeedfreak New Member

i got the news this morning from a close friend of the howard family, my heart goes out to paul and and family.yes we take a risk everytime we strap in and run, no matter how many times we hear this it totally makes me sick, all i can say is shelly and bryan will be missed,godspeed to you shelly, you never will be forgotten sincerly the crew of nitro heaven racing