rear tire clearance ??

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by backmotor, Aug 4, 2007.

1. backmotor

backmotor Owner/Crewchief/Test Pilot

What is minimum gap between tire tread and the body. I'm talking about the area where the tire would grow during burnout and top end charge. The body lines up with the center of the tread, basically is 2 inches enough ?? Would the tire grow more than 4 inches total, half of that per side equals 2 inches. Thanks, Mike AKA: BackMotor We run Hoosiers 34.5 X 17 X 16 w/ tubes and liners. Can see pics at www.BackMotor.com

2. blwnaway

blwnaway Member

2 inches will only be enough to make it far enough down track to find out you need another two inches.

3. blownzr1

blownzr1 New Member

i've heard people say 3'' but thats not enough we have 5'' to run with no problems

4. B.DOUCET

B.DOUCET New Member

Mine has four inches in the center of the tire and It's cutting the body. Not sure how much of that is tire growth are body squating because of the wing. Looks like another inch would cure the problem.

5. backmotor

backmotor Owner/Crewchief/Test Pilot

Wow, that's more than I expected. Glad I asked, always good to hear from the guys "in the know" not the kind of thing you want to find out the hard way. Our website: www.BackMotor.com has been updated, new pics with the body mounted are on the way, new sponsor too (Yes, Harrell's is gone) Thank you all for the good advice, Mike