pushrods

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by hotrodharlkey, Jun 2, 2009.

1. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

can i buy a set of correct lengh of pushrods without having to assy. engine first..i'm building a simple over the counter blown alky injected bbc..no special made parts..i have everything to put engine togeather but pushrods and machine work on block and heads..would like to buy pushrods before i start putting engine togeather if that is posible..if so i can list all details of parts on here.just tell me what you need to know to get right pushrods.::confused:

2. pe826

pe826 New Member

I recently bought a set of Mantons for a BBC and I would highly suggest giving them a call. I needed a set on short notice and they had them out the door a day and a half after I called them. Excellent service and Terry was great to talk to concerning my application.
    Jason

3. WANNABE

WANNABE New Member

No!
    Getting a big block chevy to run perfect has a few critical things that must be perfect. Pushrod length is on the top of the list. There is a reason that many of the pro stock cars have so many different pushrod lengths in each engine. You just have to watch the pattern over the top of the valve stem and watch the total lift at the valve while playing with lengths to maximize everything. And with all the different companies making heads, cams, lifters, valvetrain, etc. there is just no way to say that a certain length is going to get it done. When I change a cam I usually have to change every pushrod in the engine. Not to mention changing a head gasket. Just too critical to throw away that much potential performance. (And longevity of valvetrain by getting everything right.)