Promotion of the TAD-TAFC classes?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Kevin Brown, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

Jeff,

I myself would suggest to NOT drop American Color Scans, $75 US more is like $100 CDN or close to me...lol, forgive me, I'm cheap- but I've got a HANS to buy yet this winter.

2. The Zone

The Zone Member

This is a real good idea everyone, and I can probably help out if there is any more help needed. If Color Scans get to busy or bogged down with the head shot layouts, They can send me the template and I will do layouts for the teams as well free of charge. Then I will send the completed file to them for the printing. (or if there is anything else I can do email me)

This is something that is a no brainer for ALL teams out there, don't be afraid to speak up and do this for your team. The professionalism this will add in the Alcohol Pits is huge.

Dean

speedzone@telus.net

3. David Smith

David Smith Member

4. Izzy

Izzy New Member

I like it. That looks great Jeff. Cash, check or charge?
    Izzy
    p.s. are you sure you guys want to see my face?

5. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Take a breath

Ok, everyone let's take a deep breath, and put some things into perspective.

I think for one, Kevin and Jeff should be commended for taking the ball and running with it.

Jeff, along with Bruce Westfall over at American Colorscans has put together a turn-key package that is uniform. This is not only to make your team look more professional, but to make the class as a whole look more professional.

This deal is starting to get out of hand, and I think we all must have some cabin fever or something.

So to address a few issues.

Class name: Different class names will incur different set up costs. If teams so desire, the class and car number can be made on a sticker or vinyl and put on your individual poster. Let's not forget these posters are predominantly to promote the driver identity. 99% of the time this poster will be right next to your car and trailer that will have a dragster or funny car out there. Right under the poster, will be a hand out card stand that will have a picture of your car along with the class designation.

American Colorscans/InsideTopAlcohol.com logo/Other logos. If so desired, decals/logos can be placed over these logos, or put your own sponsor logos on there.

We're just coming to the point where either you like the product that Jeff Wilson and American Colorscans is offering, or just go in your own direction. I personally think it would be better to have everyone look uniform, but I think the point of more alcohol drivers having these stands is a step in the right direction. Jeff and American Colorscans have a turn key package together that can be delivered by the end of Jan. They have put a lot of leg work and time into producing this package.

So, if you don't like the package offered, just do it on your own. No big deal. No hard feelings.

Jeff has the emails of the 35 or more drivers that are interested in this package. Jeff's email is jwilson@starcon.org if you need more information.

The next article for discussion needs to be firesuit or uniform in the picture and waist up, chest up, headshot, etc. It may very well just work out better if each driver sends in whatever shot they want. I think we've shown it's hard to get people to agree. But it would be better to have it uniform. I personally like uniforms and chest up, but I'll go with whatever the group wants to do.

Let's keep it on topic and objective.

6. Don Hudson

Don Hudson Supa fly

Will, thank you for jumping in and settling this down. This is great the way it is. If someone wants theirs different, Go get em!!(good luck) This thread -project is living proof of the old adage"Too many cooks in the kitchen WILL ruin the soup".

7. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

I ordered 5 stands I have them and they are all for sale. 4 are in the original boxes and 1 is put together....if anyone wants them e-mail me jokerswildracing@aol.com

I wish each individual out there best of luck next year.

K

8. RM Fan

RM Fan New Member

As a fan I think its a great idea, it also makes it easier to find you in the pits. Looking forward to meeting some of you at the first Vegas race and seeing your mugs on the new stands.

9. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

I have 4 stands left......any takers?

K

10. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

2 left......what the hell atleast everyone will have the same stand...that shows UNITY I think....

KB

11. SNAPPY

SNAPPY TAFC

Add us to your list! ! ! ! Thanks Jeff for all the hard work. Great idea! My e-mail is down, I'll email when I can. For now ad us to your order. Thanks again to all that helped put this together. Mark

12. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

All gone....

KB

13. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Whats the scoop? who has the ball now? is it dead? should we all do our own thing? Just askin.......

KB

14. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

See Jeff's post (last one on page 10 of this thread). He has the ball and is running with it. Go Jeff, go !

15. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Why thank you.....I must have missed that post.

KB

16. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

latest

The latest on this is they have modified the design with the American Colorscans and ITA logos smaller. I'm here in Lafayette and won't be back in Texas until tomorrow, so I can't post the picture of the latest design. Maybe David can post it.

The final decision on the design will be on Jan. 4, and the payment period will be from Jan. 5 to Jan. 15. Once 25 orders are recieved, they will order the stands and print the posters. The posters will be one sided only, and the cost will be for two prints. The final cost should be between $115 and $125.

The going concensus on the photo is waist up in firesuit.

For any questions or to put your name on the list, email Jeff Wilson at jwilson@starcon.org

You can also email me at will.hanna@insidetopalcohol.com

17. David Smith

David Smith Member

Send me the photo and I will be glad to post it. Not sure what was wrong with the last version I posted the other day by American Colorscans. The Poster would catch fans attention and the most important part the Hero Card itself would contain all the information each team felt what was most important for the fan to know as thats what there gonna be taking home with them.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005