Prayers needed....

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by bmoore, Apr 10, 2011.

1. bmoore

bmoore Member

Latest news on Shawn

Well, it has been something like 11 weeks since Shawn was injured. He is still in a hospital bed but each day he does a short walk (shuffle) using a walker. His left leg and arms are getting a workout, no weight on the right foot as yet. The right foot is still quite swollen after a long battle with infection. They have removed the wound vac. from the right foot so physio on the right leg and foot will get more aggresive now. If the infection has been beat and stays away then by the middle of next month there is a chance he will be discharged from the hospital. It has taken quite a toll on Shawn and family and getting out of the hospital will be a huge morale booster. I know he looks forward to seeing all the "racing family" and with any luck maybe we can get him to the Seattle national event in August, even if we have to wheelchair him!

Bill Moore, Cowie TAD 3

2. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

Keep it up

Bill,
    Thanks for the updates and tel Shawn we're all still rooting for him.
    Hope to see ya soon,
    Marty Thacker & Crew

3. DOUG GORDON

Good news

Thanks for the update Bill. Hope to see Shawn at Seattle.

Doug Gordon

4. Ro Yale

Ro Yale Member

Keep on working at it Shawn. I'm pulling for you. I hope you the very best.

5. duane shields

duane shields New Member

Glad he's still fighting away

Bill, Thanks for the update. I was just thinking about him and was looking for some sort of posting. Shawn and his family sure have gone through trauma that I can't even imagine him living through. I pray he has beat the infection and can continue his rehab. He is a good guy and I'm glad he's making progress.

Let him know, we think about him alot and miss seeing him at the races.

Duane Shields

6. bmoore

bmoore Member

Home at last..

Since the night of April 9 Shawn has been in a hospital room staring at the ceiling. With all your support providing inspiration he has survived this ordeal to the point where he is now at home. He is unable to walk at this point but can "hop" using a walker with all weight on the left leg. Physio will continue on Monday and hopefully the right leg/foot will respond now that it appears infection is "at bay". The battle has taken a toll on him as can be expected, strong pain meds and the inability to move and be physical for so long will do that. I am sure with all the support both here and on his Facebook Recovery page he will improve in the next few weeks. Just being home should give him a boost.

I know I may sound like a broken record but I have to say it again, thanks to all for the support and well wishes. It has helped not only Shawn but all the rest of us for sure. The racing family has a heart of gold when the chips are down...

Bill and Shirleen for Cowie TAD3.

7. LesMayhew

LesMayhew New Member

Great to hear!

8. Nancy Matter

Nancy Matter Member

Thanks for the updates Bill, Hang in there Shawn, You've come a long way!! We are All Pulling for You for a Full Recovery!!

9. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

welcome home Shawn..thank god every day my friend, soon it will be all in the past..Dave