Power Grid Main Timing

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Adam2833, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Just one final review
    1. You tried starting it with the Grid just hooked up to the mag instead of the crank trigger and did it start or not?
    2. You tried starting it with the Grid hooked up to the crank trigger and it didn’t start.
    3. It started without the Grid in the circuit both on the mag and with the crank trigger.

2. Adam2833

Adam2833 New Member

Hi Mike,
    Yes
    Grid hooked to the mag and didn't start
    Grid hooked to the crank trigger and didn't start

Started with the mag to mag and trigger to mag

Thanks

3. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Grid replacement time for sure. If you want I can send you a Grid setting gouge I use that goes through every setting so you can check it or you can email me the run file you have for it and I can double check the setup.

4. Gavin Green

Gavin Green New Member

Just reading through this thread and we are having a similar problem, however, the maximum rev limiter is dropping to 0 during our run. Have attached file to show you. MSD are telling us they cant see anything wrong with set up. We want to see car starting at 30 degrees, with 30 degrees maximum total retard. Can you tell us to confirm what our rotor phasing would be, and crank trigger position. Racepak data recording needs to show me correct timing curve numbers, however, with this set up, I am having to input 35 degrees as maximum timing reference to show 30 degrees at idle. Hope that makes sense. Would appreciate your help on this as we are stumped :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022