Plueger Dry Sump/Venting problem

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by 23T Hemmee, Sep 18, 2009.

1. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

Anybody running the Plueger Drysump tank have any issues with venting into top rail. Seems like I'm getting a lot of relativly fresh oil in the puke take and left side top rail, running 18 quarts like Plueger says, have tried 13-14 quarts, seems to help a little. Mild blown alky setup with gapless second ring, hardly milking the oil at all, but having to drain a couple of quarts out of puke tank and top rail every pass. Chassis is around a 1990 and assuming tank was built around the same time. Did Plueger change the way the tank is baffled since that time? Could the hard line going to the top rail be baffled to slow the oil if its getting sloshed out of the drysump tank, as that is where it appears to be coming from. Right side top rail is dry. Any help appreciated.

2. Moparious Maximus

I run a dry sump, different brand of tank. Early this year I was getting tons of oil in the puke tank, after some investigation we thought we didnt have enough vent and were pressurizing the motor.

We added two valve cover vents going straight into the puke tank, now I get very little oil in the puke tank, just alky.

3. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

Are you using the valve in the line between the tank and top rail
    If not call steve and get one

4. Dale Finch

Dale Finch Member

I think Steve has sold everything to RCD. You have to call them for the valve.

5. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

There doesn't seem to be anything in the hard line from the tank to the frame rail, so Im guessing thats the problem. Thanks guys...... :)

6. willy200

willy200 Member

One way valve for oil tank .

RBS Superchargers sell the valve, It think it was $50.

7. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

Thanks Willy,
    You must have been reading my mind.