Open Q8 Anything Goes US43

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by TD2593, May 26, 2009.

1. TD2593

TD2593 New Member

The Quick 8 at US 43 Ethridge TN has been set for June 6th gates open at 4 PM 1000 to win 100 qualify with an optional qualifying pass Friday nite June 5th at 9PM. Purse is subject to increase, we are still working on it. A few of us are testing this coming Friday night to shake out any bugs. Its been a while since my junk has seen a full pass so Im quacking right now LOL. If anyone has any questions give me a call at 931-556-2168 ask for Russell.

Thanks !!!

2. Blown540

Blown540 Blown Alcohol Dragster

What times are you expecting to see at US43?

Russell, what ET's are you expecting to see at US43's Quick 8 race? THANKS, Blown540

3. Andy Hunt

Andy Hunt New Member

I'm not Russel, but I'll answer anyways ;). I expect some low 4 second runs, but I also expect some mid 4 seconds cars also. We have a variety of cars coming. Three second runs are not out of the question. A couple of auto pro mods are on the slate, nitrous dragsters, blown automatic dragsters, and we're looking to get a few TAFC guys to show. We want to give the fans a show to remember.

Thanks,
    Andy Hunt

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  4. TD2593

TD2593 New Member

It looks like its going to be a good weekend for the race. So come on out and enjoy the weather and the race. I took my car out Friday night to shake it out and ended up shelling out the ring gear so I didnt get any runs so Im still a sitting duck at this point. If anyone has questions feel free to give me a call at 931-556-2168

Thanks Russell

5. M gibbs

M gibbs f/c matchracer

ok! OK!!

I CHANGED MY MIND!!a very small thing too do!! i'm coming down too do a lap& support your show!! & try a few thing's out! im bringing steve rettell , get his ASS OUT OF THE HOUSE FOR A WHILE!!IT'LL BE FUN!!DON'T LOOK FOR JIM PHILLPS?? HE MAYBE STILL LICKEN HIS WOUND'S

6. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

if i remember right i busted your ass the first round you had a good run second and in the final i had you spooked and you red lighted and gave that one to me until i crossed the center line and gave it back so dont pat youself to hard there mikey there still talking about that black mustang down in gleason

7. avergepecker

avergepecker Member

Gleason Show

Went to the Gleason Tn match race the other night There was a bad ass mustang out for blood first thing off the trailer with a 1/8th mile burnout there was another car maybe a ford taurus , deep staging and trying out the red light to make sure it was working .. In conclusion the mustang was there to put on a hell of a show and they got their moneys worth ..The town is still buzzing a week later Thanks Jim.

8. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

Russell,
    Sorry I keep missing your calls, we're not going to be able to make this one, trying to find some gremlins that turned up last weekend at St. Louis, Gibbs will probably be happy to hear that we won't be there, I'd rather not say why, he'll probably tell you...... :eek: We'll definitely be at your next one. Good luck this weekend.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  9. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

by the way mike my time slips show me with two wins and you with one and why would i be licking any wounds maybe we should start putting up some side money i aint scarted are you

as for the quick 8 i wont be able to make this one i havent had time to get my car out of the trailer to see if every thing is ok from last weekend i thought i blew a burst panel but it wasnt that so good luck guys