New rule revision regarding fresh air systems for 2014

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Chi Town Brown, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Chi Town Brown

This revision is currently directed at Nitro F/C and Nitro T/F with canopy as well as Nostalgia Nitro F/C but because the revision was created by an issue in the top ranks it will only be a matter of time before it makes it to All cars.

There is a rule revision to size of bottle required for 2014

Currently it is written as 120 c.i. capacity minimum required. Previously there wasn't a required minimum size.

I was also told they are going to start looking at cylinder dates.

2. Barry Ferriolo

if that's the rule than that would make all the simpson systems illegal being that their cylinders are listed as 114 cubic inches

3. Chi Town Brown

I understand your concern and that is the reason for "Currently" in my post.
    I am not aware Simpson advertises the size of there cylinder in there ads? The funny part is NHRA CALLED SIMPSON to ask the size of there cylinder and was told 120 c.i. and that is what was used in the revision. I am aware of 3 different manufacturers Simpson has used to make there cylinders. Who's figures do you use?
    I spoke with NHRA tech. at PRI on Saturday. I brought a Simpson cylinder My cylinder a F.A.S.T. cylinder and a new competitors cylinder as well as CC numbers for each and test equipment if they wanted to verify the numbers. They happily viewed and accepted the data. After stating there position and concern I offered an opinion and recommendation. What or if anything changes on Monday or any time after who knows? NHRA is not trying to obsolete any "accepted" manufacturers product as all are close in numbers. There is only one that falls a tad short in numbers but not far enough to make a huge difference. There concern was someone had a cylinder that was WAY to small for application and got the "There isn't any rule how big it needs to be"

Well NOW there is.

4. Barry Ferriolo

simpson 2013 catalog - page 21 - "Maximum volume 144 cubic inches"

5. Chi Town Brown

I'm sure you meant to type 114 not 144? I don't have a printed copy and don't see it on line.

That's Simpsons deal to get worked out. I can't do there work for them. I can only say I am all good and previous customers of mine are all good.

6. Chi Town Brown

:
    Revision is supposedly being changed to 112 minimum

7. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

crap, here we go again

my simpson tank marked tc-3fcm with 6115 crosses to 114 on http://www.scifireandsafety.com/products/standardSCBA.asp I bought this in 1998 from simpson. the fiberglass still hasn't rusted yet. not sure why its bad. supposed to be rated for 15 minutes. hopefully I can get out of the car by then.