KB Olds Crank Centerline

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by KDavidson, Dec 6, 2006.

1. KDavidson

KDavidson Member

Looking for info on the crankshaft centerline on a KB Olds funny car with 60" out motor plate.

We are having a tough time getting adequate ground clearance. We ran a custom kick out pan (pretty weathered) and had 1.75" with NO diaper.

I called Olson today and they can make me a pan that will gain me 3/8". But I still need to put a diaper on, so It will not be high enough. Argh!!!

So we began to think that the engine may need to be raised in the chassis. I used the MW set up bar and the driveline is spot on and the couplers slid into place. The rear end was originally set up for an early Hemi and I think it may be pointed too low. We have a 4 degree pitch to the driveline.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Keith

2. Dale H.

Dale H. Member

Is there anyroom to tilt the rearend housing back, and re-drill the holes?It shouldn't take much rotation to move the motor up in the chassis, but seat to drive shaft clearance might be an issue.

3. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

Keith, We ran into similar problem when we built our first car i think we were 8 inches to the parting face of the front main. And with the alignment bar in it with studs in the pinion we raised the motor 1 inch at the front main only and the alignment bar still would slide through the main collars and still be flush on the pinion within 30 thou! we decided to run it considering all the driveshaft slop and chassis flex it has, it has never been a problem!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  4. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

keith.....check your PM

5. KDavidson

KDavidson Member

Thank you all for the help! It is appreciated.

Keith

6. "J"

"J" New Member

Can you raise the front ride height via bigger tires or possibly changing the front susp. mounts?