IHRA Alcohol Sponsor....

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by mike kirk, Sep 14, 2007.

1. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

Dale's 60' was .915 to boot
    all i can say is wow...

2. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

Hi Tim

It's been a while,

Congrads on the sponsor and on the good runs you've laid down. I've been hearing that your doing well and was glad to hear it.

Still working on mine but hopefully taking steps in the right direction, I've come along ways since I bought that PSI rev limiter off of you back in your T/AD days.

Thanks also for the good news on the IHRA class, I was getting worried that maybe my 10 years of devotion to my roots funny car was for nothing.

While Congrads again Tim and best of luck to you,
    Trevor Sherwood

3. DQUES

DQUES Member

Dale Brand made 2 awesome runs on saturday , that car was flatout flying and I am pretty sure he got a few racers attention . If he can run that fast consistantly the other racers are in trouble .

4. The Zone

The Zone Member

A .915 60 for a roots tafc is a bit out of this world. Iam sure a screw TAFC has never had a 60 foot better than a .930 The 5.40's Manzo has run were not sub .940
    (Questioning the clocks a bit at Milan. a few other issues they have had this weekend with the clocks were top end related but this 60 is off the chart).

I do believe the et from Brand though as it was just a matter of time before someone over there ran those kind of numbers. The 68 by Atchison was two years ago the the other 5.60's were a decade a go.

Dean

5. Tim Stevens

Thanks Trevor, IHRA AFC is ALIVE AND WELL!!;) I personally didn't have any problems with the clocks down there and my hats off to Dale and Team, GREAT JOB guys, you broke our backs and raised the ladder. I was happy to go 5.80 but we definetely have to do our home work this winter to keep up!:eek: As for you guys that think IHRA is boring, WAKE UP! This class is as close and competitive as ANYTHING out there! If I was a NHRA car and Brand showed up at your track, I think you might be singing a differnt song! See you guys in Maryland, can't wait to run at "sub-sea level" conditions!

6. Laurie

Laurie New Member

Hats off to the Brands!

The Co-Line team has ALWAYS been awsome! They spent the last few years studying and mapping out their strategy--it just goes to show you that the time and effort spent was worth it! Good job, guys! See you in MD.

7. Bill Severino

Bill Severino webmaster

Good luck in MD Laurie! I remember MD in 2002 when you got that first win against us.

8. Laurie

Laurie New Member

Thanks, Bill! I remember it very well, too. Besides, it was my first and only F/C win. My guess is that it won't be long for Jimmy to be back at it with us. I'm sure he was chomping at the bit watching Dale run those fantastic runs!!! I'm just looking foward to getting back behind the wheel. I'm sure I'm quite rusty and have to get the nerves back, but we're excited!

9. Bill Severino

Bill Severino webmaster

Well if you ever need help I am game. I am sure Jamie would be game to come help you too. We're pretty good at lifting engines out in a hurry! HAHA.

10. BOBBY MARTINDALE

60'

.925 IN 1997 W/ PSI-B,HAYS STEEL HATAND VENEY FUEL HEADS @DINWIDDIE DIV.2:eek:

11. DQUES

DQUES Member

Well it has been over 2 weeks and still no announcement .

12. The Zone

The Zone Member

what happened at 100 feet

13. RiverQueen

RiverQueen Moderator

We ran .925 in Earlville earlier this year. I know it is a converter car. . . but it is a TAFC.

Shanna Snyder-Bell
    Torco Race Fuels/Powersource Transportation TAFC #6